Loose oil dipstick tube

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robby5323

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Single Cab
Engine
Hemi
So, I purchased myself a used 2014. 5.7 six speed with the 3.55 rear. It has a set of the JBA longtubes installed. I reached down to check the oil yesterday and noticed the dipstick tube is loose from side to side. After a little research this seems to be a source of problems when using the headers. Any creative fixes to help secure the dipstick tube?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Is the tube bolted down? There should be an upper bolt that secures to the top front bolt of the header, and then a 2nd bolt down where the tube goes into the block.

OP
OP
R

robby5323

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Single Cab
Engine
Hemi
Thanks, I will have to check. I guess I may have to pull the wheel well liner to even get to it... Luckily it's not leaking at this point.

OP
OP
R

robby5323

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Single Cab
Engine
Hemi
With the header install, you have to bend the dipstick tube a little. The culprit was a broken spot weld on the tube down by the pan and no bolt at the top mounting location. You have to bend the dipstick tube to clear the headers and this was the result.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
It will stay secure with just the top bolt in place. I have installed many sets of longtubes on these trucks. Ideally you do want both bolts secure, but it will work fine with just the upper.