Loss of Power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atrupo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all,

I'm having a peculiar issue with my Ram. While driving at slower speeds and just after a shift, if I apply about 50% throttle, I lose power for a split second. Occasionally I get a few minor misfires when this happens. Feels like ESP is kicking it, but it is not. Also, when driving on the interstate and applying gas to go up a hill, RPMs plateau and my truck won't accelerate until I mash the throttle. The problem occurs at around 2.5k RPMs. It's very noticeable in my exhaust sound.

This all started when I got new tires (Terra Grapplers), but I did not go oversized and according to Nitto's website, they weigh less than my old tires by 2 pounds per. I run a K&N CAI and Super 44s with 2.5" duals, changed plugs and coils about 20k miles ago.

Sorry for the long post, but I hope someone has an idea.

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Have you checked the injectors for leaks, checked the camshaft and crank position sensors

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Silence

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a nissian that did something very similar ended up being Cati issues. I would check fuel filter n injectors

trilib2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Limited
Engine
No code maybe bad gas/water? Try unplugging the battery to rest the computer and see that helps??? Just thinking out loud! GL

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Go go pedal Commander-

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Sounds like normal behavior from my 6.4 - unless I'm really stomping on the throttle, it shifts early and leaves me with a dead feeling in the pedal. I don't have any "misses" but it does feel similar as it's coughing and lugging at 1200RPM. I'd still love to wring the neck of the guy that designed the tranny in this truck. Not sure if your problem is the same.