Lt's and stock tune for service....?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Freed127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So im finally made an appointment at the dealer about the hot tick that my hemi has developed. It starts as the truck get to operating temp, but thats another story.

Im dropping it off monday night, and Even though its a small dealer and they are cool with my headers id like to go back to a stock tune. Just to be safe. Haha. Does anyone know if ill be safe to drive to town like this and hopefully not throw codes or be overly lean? I do have a catted y pipe so it shouldnt instantly throw a code.

They seem pretty sure that something is up, ive checked for exhaust leaks and found none. I hate to say it but im wondering if its a lifter. (17,500 miles ug.... atleast i still have warrenty left)

Eased

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI
If you have a tune set and your taking it to the dealership for service for work under warranty you'll probably want to reset to stock tune. Be aware that with the newer vehicles they can see still if the PCM/ECM has been flashed which can be a warning flag to them.

OP
OP
Freed127

Freed127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know the risk with tuning, and im hoping its not an issue. I know a few guys that have had warranty work done after returning to stock. Ill be sure to drive it abit before hand to do a relearn

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
it will throw a code fairly quick you could try the sparkplug non foulers but i doubt they will work

tuned by Jay Greene

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
sparkplug non foulers dont work on 2012 lol... still throws codes on stock tune... lol

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Can't just restore stock and drive it there. The computer will go to a not ready state. You'll need to drive cycle it so they can read it and use it for troubleshooting.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ran LT's for a while before tuning was available and didn't have any issues. Only threw a code a couple of times.

OP
OP
Freed127

Freed127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im probally screwed on a '14 then. It sounds like this will throw a cat related code pretty quickly