LucasOil and Royal Purple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
OK I'll bite, My 2012 Jeep says maximum 13000km (7800) or six months maximum, but if you read the Dodge handout that is not in the manual it states around 5-6500 you should change it KM and to boot the dash will remind you at about 5500 (3300 miles) so I changed it and cleared the message, three pumps of the gas pedal with key on. The 2013,s are even more complicated were as it will monitor the oil and if you drive hard it will tell you sooner. Me too I plan on running synthetic oil but with common sense will not switch from conventional until the motor is broke in. When I hit 26000 km (15600miles) which is 1 year or max mileage DUE the motor will be broke in hence i will be good to go for a quality Oil like Mobil 1. Danny

Last edited:

Jwess

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My Experience with Royal Purple

I guess what everyone uses is there own opinion, just as we choose Rams over the other makes and models.

However what made me switch to Royal Purple, I had a 96 corvette, bone stock the car ran 13.73@ 102 Mph, the oil temp ran around 210- 218, and the coolant was about in the 195-205 range

After putting royal purple in, with no other changes, a week later I brought the car back to the track. outside temp was around the same, so I know there was nothing different about air temp or humidity

the car ran 13.42@106, watching the oil temp on the ride there it stayed about 198-200, so about 10-15 cooler, and much more stable,

also the coolant temp stayed at 195( which Im assuming was the t-stat) but again it didnt vary, it stayed 195.

So all in all, it made quite a bit of a difference.

I have a 2012 Ram Express RCSB, at 978 miles I ran 15.06 @ 94.
I recently changed to RP, but have not had chance to get back to the track. I want to check if it made a difference before I begin mods.

however the truck does not have the info on the dash so I can't see the changes in temps.

I've heard plenty of good about Amsoil, but not untill after I changed to the RP, next time around I may switch to amsoil just to see.

Hope this helps!