Magnaflow 12568

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shortman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello All -

I had my Y-Pipe cut out and true dual pipes run into the 12568 and then into the factory tail pipes. I kept the resonators in the tail pipes but am still getting some drone in the cab at 1700 to 1800 RPM.... I really like the sound but the drone is a PIA and my wife complains every time she gets in the truck.... Do you guys think a different muffler might fix this? I've been looking for other dual in dual out mufflers but haven't found one that is any longer OR has chambers (beside the flowmaster)..... If another muffler won't fix this then I think I'm gonna put the factory back on.....

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated!

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You have an 8 speed? Turn off mds by pushing the - shift then the + shift to show 8. Mds will be disabled and all 8 gears available. May be mds. That would be my guess. Otherwise turn up the radio.

OP
OP
S

shortman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mds

You have an 8 speed? Turn off mds by pushing the - shift then the + shift to show 8. Mds will be disabled and all 8 gears available. May be mds. That would be my guess. Otherwise turn up the radio.

Not the MDS... I have a turner and have it disabled.... It's definitely drone because it completely goes away above 2K....

OP
OP
S

shortman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Btt

I'm pushing this back to the top.... I'm getting my factory muffler put back on tomorrow.... Anyone in the Atlanta area interested in the Magnaflow once get it off?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddo