magnaflow 16870

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daggertats

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 ram reg cab 4x4
Engine
I recently purchased the magnaflow 16870 cat back duel exhaust for my truck and had it installed today. my truck has the 4.7 V8 and had the single exit exhaust. it took the guy at the muffle shop an hr to install it. here is my review in case anyone was on the fence about this system and couldn't decide. when the truck is first started it is a noticable difference over stock . nothing extreme but a nice rumble. accelerating from a stop you can hear the rumble till you reach cruising speed. then it is nearly non existant unless you decide to step on it. I had the radio on and off and the cab drone is minimal when accelerating and slightly louder than a stock exhaust when cruising at hwy speed with the radio off. with the radio on you can hear the exhaust during acceleration but at cruising speed it is no worse than stock. my main reason for picking this and not something louder was I drive a lot of highway miles to car and truck shows all summer and didn't want the cab drone some systems can produce. this fit my needs perfectly. on a side note I was in a coworkers 3rd gen reg cab ram with a flowmaster in it and while it sounded fantastic the drone in the cab was a bit much for me. and that was just in the parking lot at work...lol anyways I hope this helps some of you or at the very least gives you another option that you might not have considered

Last edited:

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Agreed. I have the same setup and like it a lot. About to throw ARH LT headers in front of this CAT-back system (waiting on ceramic coating to be finished).