Magnaflow Outlaw question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Flowmaster Outlaw question

I've been to numerous shops in my area to have my exhaust swapped for a meaner sound than stock. So far all of them have told me it would be $900-1500 to swap it out. They all seem to say I need to have all new pipes installed not just the muffler.

I found the Outlaw series muffler only and it looks like a straight forward install that I could do myself. My question is...will this fit? I have a '14 1500 Express with factory duals. I've looked at the muffler specs and it shows it will work and be a simple swap....am I wrong? I don't want to order it if I'm going to find out later it won't fit. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
You can swap just the muffler to any brand you'd like. 3" inlet and dual 2.5" outlets.

If a muffler shop cant manage cutting out the stock one, and welding in a new one in its place, I wouldn't take your truck there.

My super 44 was $90 I think... Plus $80 install.

(Btw outlaw muffler is Flowmaster)

IMO

Last edited:
OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can swap just the muffler to any brand you'd like. 3" inlet and dual 2.5" outlets.

If a muffler shop cant manage cutting out the stock one, and welding in a new one in its place, I wouldn't take your truck there.

IMO

That's what I figured, they're all performance shops so I think they just don't want to do the cheaper option. It is the 3" with 2.5" I just was mystified why these guys kept overlooking it.

How loud is your Super 44?

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

(Btw outlaw muffler is Flowmaster)

IMO

PS I just realized I said magna...instead of flow. I'm looking at mufflers now and just typed magna since I'm on their site

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
That's crazy they are screwing royally.. For that price you could buy and install a magnaflow 16869 cat back stainless... This is what I started with and it comes with a muffler. Since I added American racing longtubes to it and then a QTP Ecutout.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I've been to numerous shops in my area to have my exhaust swapped for a meaner sound than stock. So far all of them have told me it would be $900-1500 to swap it out. They all seem to say I need to have all new pipes installed not just the muffler.

I found the Outlaw series muffler only and it looks like a straight forward install that I could do myself. My question is...will this fit? I have a '14 1500 Express with factory duals. I've looked at the muffler specs and it shows it will work and be a simple swap....am I wrong? I don't want to order it if I'm going to find out later it won't fit. Thanks!
They're either incompetent or rip offs. See Moe's Performance for a Mufflex. Is a bolt-on Magnaflow in 3 different sizes for the RAM no cutting needed and without the muffler shop STUPID.

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love the super 44. Its loud but it doesnt cackle.

IMO

I watched your video and a few others, definitely a good option for $200+ less than the Outlaw. Plus I'm sure my neighbors would hate me if I put the outlaw on since it's so loud.