Making The Swap. Factory Duals to Single

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoparMulisha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So going to decided I'm going with the single. I know I'm going to have to swap to the other bumper without the cutouts. Looking on CraigsList for a factory single exhaust I found a 2010 Power Wagon exhaust and a 2500 gasser exhaust but no pictures.

So I don't get ahead of myself, will either these even come close to working on my 1500? Also (this may sound like a newb question) is there a factory single out there that doesn't have the rear resonator? When I deleted my rear resonator on my old 3rd Gen I swapped that pipe with an 03. I would rather the cleaner look of a one pipe instead of piecing in a filler to delete the resonator and exhaust shops want $250+ to make just that rear section of piping.

Any Help without breaking the bank would be great!

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
are you going to dump the exhaust or have it exit in the rear?

mjd91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just curious why you would want to go from the nice factory duals, the the basic single exit?

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just curious why you would want to go from the nice factory duals, the the basic single exit?

Headscratcher....

Next thread title:

"Guys, my truck has too much horsepower, how do I get rid of some?"

Also....."The paint is really shiny, can I use a scotch-pad to tone it down a bit?"

:ROFLJest:

OP
OP
MoparMulisha

MoparMulisha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Haha I feel fine, just like the single exhaust a little more.

Plan is to throw a nice 18" magnaflow with a nice 5" tip poking out from behind the wheel.

Last edited:

Sybil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Headscratcher....

Next thread title:

Also....."The paint is really shiny, can I use a scotch-pad to tone it down a bit?"

This made me laugh.....To each his own I guess.

Darkflow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My question is why not go with the aftermarket single exhaust system? Instead of a stock system and swapping mufflers? Aftermarket is better quality. IMO this would be an overall better option.

OP
OP
MoparMulisha

MoparMulisha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My question is why not go with the aftermarket single exhaust system? Instead of a stock system and swapping mufflers? Aftermarket is better quality. IMO this would be an overall better option.

I could find someone on Craigslist (or on here) and swap everything for free, along with that I would be keeping the old lady happy because I wouldn't be spending anything. Or to keep a low budget I would be able to pick up a factory single exhaust for alot cheaper from someone who upgraded and swap the muffler in the driveway, the Power Wagon exhaust I mentioned is only $50.

I work for LKQ and I could get a factory single from a 2500 for like nothing also, which is why I asked if anyone knew is I could make it work.

Last edited:

Darkflow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That makes sense for the easy cheaper route.

The stock duals aren't true duals so the only difference between the exhaust should be from the muffler back. So I don't see why it wouldn't work and be an easy swap.

FancyStancy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
No, I understand. I don't like the factory duals too much either. Especially how they fit into the bumper. I've seen 4th gens with the single exit too? Is that factory? Is that like the 4.7 exhaust?

OP
OP
MoparMulisha

MoparMulisha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That makes sense for the easy cheaper route.

The stock duals aren't true duals so the only difference between the exhaust should be from the muffler back. So I don't see why it wouldn't work and be an easy swap.

Stock duals are totally played out, everyone has them now. Haha!

But seriously, I don't love em.

I guess that's a little part of it too, more than half the time each 4th Gen I see driving by or on the lots have them but also most trucks with aftermarket exhausts in my area have duals. Loved the look at first but not so much anymore.

No, I understand. I don't like the factory duals too much either. Especially how they fit into the bumper. I've seen 4th gens with the single exit too? Is that factory? Is that like the 4.7 exhaust?

With them fitting into the bumper was one thing I actually like because it's from the factory like that but still unique to Dodge. Depends on the package the truck was equipped with, I've seen both 4.7's and Hemi's with singles.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think a big part of Ram's recent success, is due to its good looks. The dual with cutouts is a really nice, and unique look. The next truck with it is copying the Ram.

There isn't another stock truck out there with an ass that looks half as good as the current Ram's, IMHO. (and yes I like nice asses, "when a girl walks in with an idy-bidy waste and a big thing in your face...")

Not trying to be negative, but I hope you don't regret it...

Typetwelve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
I think a big part of Ram's recent success, is due to its good looks. The dual with cutouts is a really nice, and unique look. The next truck with it is copying the Ram.

There isn't another stock truck out there with an ass that looks half as good as the current Ram's, IMHO. (and yes I like nice asses, "when a girl walks in with an idy-bidy waste and a big thing in your face...")

I agree...and what I'm about to say is NOT coming from a Dodge fanboy and only addresses looks (seriously...this is the first Dodge anything I've owned since the early 90's)

The RAM series are the last remaining "truck" looking trucks on the market.

-The Ford (a brand that I was a fanboy of for years) is odd-boxy looking with that typical "play it safe" Ford approach.

-The Silverado is just fugly (a co worker just picked up a '14 and the thing is just odd and ugly). Too low to the ground (especially that front air dam) and has the "old man" truck look to it.

-The Tundra was an ok looking truck but the new one if just plain ugly. That new front end is terrible...

-The Titan is rather plain looking for a full sized pickup.

The RAM is a great looking truck...and functional too. It may not be as refined as some...but in typical Dodge fashion, you can get an express with everything you really need for a functional truck for less $$ than any other brand.

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Headscratcher....

Next thread title:

Hell, I bought a Sport and added chrome to it, so I have no room to talk...

OP
OP
MoparMulisha

MoparMulisha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I don't think I'll regret making the swap, when I bought the truck that was honestly one of the things I cared the least about.

I agree...and what I'm about to say is NOT coming from a Dodge fanboy and only addresses looks (seriously...this is the first Dodge anything I've owned since the early 90's)

The RAM series are the last remaining "truck" looking trucks on the market.

-The Ford (a brand that I was a fanboy of for years) is odd-boxy looking with that typical "play it safe" Ford approach.

-The Silverado is just fugly (a co worker just picked up a '14 and the thing is just odd and ugly). Too low to the ground (especially that front air dam) and has the "old man" truck look to it.

-The Tundra was an ok looking truck but the new one if just plain ugly. That new front end is terrible...

-The Titan is rather plain looking for a full sized pickup.

The RAM is a great looking truck...and functional too. It may not be as refined as some...but in typical Dodge fashion, you can get an express with everything you really need for a functional truck for less $$ than any other brand.

This applies to DavidRam also- The only thing I'd add would be the corner steps like the Avalanche and new Silverado's have. Out of today's trucks Dodge IMO has the best looking with Chevrolet coming in 2nd but their previous body style (2007.5-2010) was better looking than it is now. The only Chevrolet I'd buy would be a DirtyMax though haha.

Last edited: