MaxCare Lifetime Warranty + Tuner = Bad idea?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
The Magnusson act says that the dealer has to prove whatever modification one does caused the failure. The only problem is that im sure dealerships have more cash for lawyers...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

True & most likely true. One of our recent master techs (monthly training update) addressed mods & warranty. While it didn't mention anything about the Moss Magnuson Act (can't really blame them), it did go into detail about voiding a warranty & the hassle of the steps needed to reinstate. Rather than void a complete or partial warranty, it can be restricted. Pretty much the same thing & nothing covered, just easier to get it back in the end.

Personally, if I see a mod & I'm doing a repair to the same part of the system (diff cover & axle repair, CAI & intake manifold...); as long as it's not causing the issue at hand then I don't see a problem with it. If I have to get tech assist involved, I don't mention mods--I already know what they'll say. Other techs or shops most likely won't be as lenient as I am, hit or miss though.

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm just getting the tuner for some better gas mileage and power overall, so I would assume that it's not gonna ruin my truck, haha. With all this being said, I think I'm going to go give my dealer a call or even go see him, try to soften him up a little bit then check what he says about it. So it's not really worth keeping the stock PCM then if I understood correctly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Miss Blackened-heart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm just getting the tuner for some better gas mileage and power overall, so I would assume that it's not gonna ruin my truck, haha. With all this being said, I think I'm going to go give my dealer a call or even go see him, try to soften him up a little bit then check what he says about it. So it's not really worth keeping the stock PCM then if I understood correctly?

I just purchased my truck last week and I was chatting with the sales guy about this. He had the same truck I bought. He said if the service department sees that a truck has it they are suppose to report it and void all warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robocop_9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks to me like we might as well save money and swap the pcm if they will find the tune/upgrade either way.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD

Putting the factory PCM in before you go to the dealer is a good idea. Not to try & fool anybody, but to ensure they don't flash the system & take out all of your tuned settings.

trip1027

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I ended up getting a tuner but only use it for changing tire sizes and making my shift points at lower rpms...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm game man! I Plan to order next week and get the hemifever custom.

I've got mine ready to go. Just waiting to install it. Probably gonna keep the stock PCM in case anything happens. Let me know how it goes for you!

Robocop_9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've got mine ready to go. Just waiting to install it. Probably gonna keep the stock PCM in case anything happens. Let me know how it goes for you!

Did you get a custom tune?

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There is a huge difference in the Hemifever custom tune and the "canned tunes". I'm sure you will like it and like the way the truck responds. Sean does some excellent work and is really easy to work with. Remember he relies on you for information about your truck and what you want the tune to do. Every time I have worked with him I always had a turnaround of less than 24 hours.
Jay

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There is a huge difference in the Hemifever custom tune and the "canned tunes". I'm sure you will like it and like the way the truck responds. Sean does some excellent work and is really easy to work with. Remember he relies on you for information about your truck and what you want the tune to do. Every time I have worked with him I always had a turnaround of less than 24 hours.

Jay

Thanks Jay! I'm gonna get to tuning the truck tomorrow after my new muffler is put on. Then send him the stock file and take it from there. Can't wait!