MBRP exhaust??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hemisport5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys just asking some people to chime in who have MBRP catback exhaust? I'm looking at some alternatives from my flowmaster system.

Lufty

Muskies Bite
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 REBEL
Engine
I put the stainless cat back on mine after about 2 weeks of owning the truck(stock was too quiet). At first I thought it was a little loud but now I love it! It's not obnoxious at all. When I first remote start the truck in the garage,and I'm standing in the house, it's got a rumble that says "look at me I'm a V8!" but then quiets down a little after it warms up a min or 2. I really do love the sound, it's well made, fitment was perfect. There is a SLIGHT drone (when the MDS crap is on) but even then it still has that deep rumble. Power wise can't say how much, if any, it gave me seeing I was still breaking in the truck when I put it on. Very satisfied.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hemisport5.7

hemisport5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put the stainless cat back on mine after about 2 weeks of owning the truck(stock was too quiet). At first I thought it was a little loud but now I love it! It's not obnoxious at all. When I first remote start the truck in the garage,and I'm standing in the house, it's got a rumble that says "look at me I'm a V8!" but then quiets down a little after it warms up a min or 2. I really do love the sound, it's well made, fitment was perfect. There is a SLIGHT drone (when the MDS crap is on) but even then it still has that deep rumble. Power wise can't say how much, if any, it gave me seeing I was still breaking in the truck when I put it on. Very satisfied.

Thanks for the review. I'm seriously considering the 409 stainless kits for my truck. I'm getting tired of the flowmaster.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
If you aren't going to add headers, the factory exhaust (once you change the OEM boat anchor muffler)--isn't that awful and is stainless. Yes, the Y pipe is poorly made, but that's in front of the Cat.
Changing the muffler is all you really need to do and that will save you a bunch of coin. A couple of different pre-fab direct replacement bolt-ons are now available.

I talked to the local Magnaflow "dealer" and he wanted to do a full exhaust instead of just the muffler--Butthead wouldn't listen, and wouldn't quote a muffler only--now I bad mouth his sorry shop to everyone that will listen.

Instead I went with Mufflex which is based on a universal single in, dual-out Magnaflow with stainless piping welded on to make it a direct bolt-in replacement for the OEM beast. I've seen other manufacturers that do something similar (Flowmaster and Solo Performance for certain).
Its a cheaper alternative than dropping big bank $$$ on a complete cat-back system. :superhack:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963