Mishimoto's Dodge Ram 5.7L Hemi Oil Catch Can R&D

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
how are these old design cans even available to be pulled for order fulfillment?

I'm sure they use the same "can" part for more then one application. Whoever assembled them probably grabbed the short cans instead of the larger ones.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I think I paid $143.55, due to the original Mishimoto rep publishing the wrong price. So at that price, I felt it was worth a gamble since it was near Billet Tech price. I don't have the can in hand yet, still waiting. I too said almost same thing in my earlier post. Me personally, I wouldn't have paid the premium price. But, I don't know catch cans like most on this forum. Maybe it will make my truck go to a gazillion miles! Either that, or guarantee my trust not to rust... ever!

I've played with a few cans in both my truck's lives, all with good and bad about them. The original price I would have agreed with given the price point of the dominant cans, but to price yourself to just under the premium one available and $100 above the median just doesn't make sense since there's nothing in the new can that is a drastic change from the dominant cans and the big difference has never been a cause of complaint except for the very few who need better filtration like me and why I purchased the V2.

Attachments

• IMG_1004_zpssxg59psg.jpg
    IMG_1004_zpssxg59psg.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 28

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm sure they use the same "can" part for more then one application. Whoever assembled them probably grabbed the short cans instead of the larger ones.

That doesn't say much for the companies quality control. Why have 6 months of so called "engineering" just to have some fools in the "warehouse" shipping out not only the wrong cans but missing all the associated parts. if they cant get a simple catch can correct who in their right mind would trust them with a radiator?

:shrug:

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
@Phylodog thank you for letting us know - If you haven't already contacted our customer service department, I can go ahead and get a ticket started for you.

The cans you two received are our universal two-port catch can that's used on many of our direct-fit kits. We're digging into this to find out where the issue originated and how to correct it. Our warehouse has been swamped recently so it's possible that somebody mixed up instructions or part numbers. Either way, we sincerely apologize for this and we will do everything in our power to make sure you all are taken care of. If anybody else has an issue, please let us know here or through our customer service department: https://www.mishimoto.com/contact/

-Steve

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Hey everybody,

I wanted to let you all know that we found the cause of the issue and it has been corrected. Unfortunately, it looks like the kits that have shipped were all incorrectly packed. We're going to be re-packing the kits correctly and overnight shipping them to you all as soon as they're ready. For those of you who have already received the incorrect catch can, or will be soon, you do not have to send that can back. Unless, of course, you want to ship the can back, in which case we can send you a return shipping label.

I apologize again for the additional delay this has caused in getting your parts to you. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

-Steve

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

-Steve

My order has said “1 ordered 1 shipped” “complete” for a week. Credit card processed too (not pending) but still no tracking. Under shipments it says “1 shipped”. I called Mishimoto and all the customer rep could tell me was that the warehouse was backed up. I wouldn’t think it should say shipped and be charged anything until it actually ships, that’s the way any other company I order from works. I sure hope I don’t get the wrong kit but at this point I’m not sure I’ll ever get anything it’s like my order is hung-up in the system.

Could you please check the status of my order?

Order # 145012200
Shipment # 100010409

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
My order has said “1 ordered 1 shipped” “complete” for a week. Credit card processed too (not pending) but still no tracking. Under shipments it says “1 shipped”. I called Mishimoto and all the customer rep could tell me was that the warehouse was backed up. I wouldn’t think it should say shipped and be charged anything until it actually ships, that’s the way any other company I order from works. I sure hope I don’t get the wrong kit but at this point I’m not sure I’ll ever get anything it’s like my order is hung-up in the system.

Could you please check the status of my order?

Order # 145012200
Shipment # 100010409

I just looked up your order and it has not shipped yet. I believe our system sends out shipping notifications when an order is approved, which would normally be the same time that a label is created and it ships. However, since our warehouse has been backed up, that doesn't really work anymore and I agree that it should be corrected. You should also actually get a tracking number with that email - I'll work with our shipping department to see if we can get that process updated.

The good news is that you should not receive the incorrect kit as your order is already on the list to be re-packed. We're hoping to have these out by early next week. I apologize again for the delay.

-Steve

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The good news is that you should not receive the incorrect kit as your order is already on the list to be re-packed. We're hoping to have these out by early next week. I apologize again for the delay.

-Steve

Thanks, that is good news

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey everybody,

I wanted to let you all know that we found the cause of the issue and it has been corrected. Unfortunately, it looks like the kits that have shipped were all incorrectly packed. We're going to be re-packing the kits correctly and overnight shipping them to you all as soon as they're ready. For those of you who have already received the incorrect catch can, or will be soon, you do not have to send that can back. Unless, of course, you want to ship the can back, in which case we can send you a return shipping label.

I apologize again for the additional delay this has caused in getting your parts to you. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

-Steve

Hey Steve, I got my confirmation email Thursday that my replacement shipped. However, it never came Friday. I have a tracking adjustment email that now says Monday. You all need to get with your carrier and get some money back.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Hey Steve, I got my confirmation email Thursday that my replacement shipped. However, it never came Friday. I have a tracking adjustment email that now says Monday. You all need to get with your carrier and get some money back.

Thanks for letting us know! I'll pass that along to our logistics department - mind shooting me a PM with your tracking number when you get a chance?

Thanks!

-Steve

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

-Steve

My kit was delivered today, included everything as described, thanks for all the help Steve.

Attachments

• E8DD716A-D1C1-44DA-9A61-8636F533EF59.jpg
    E8DD716A-D1C1-44DA-9A61-8636F533EF59.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 38271FFA-E357-4FBD-9F01-0A89128AB2B7.jpg
    38271FFA-E357-4FBD-9F01-0A89128AB2B7.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 2C327FE1-5542-4E3A-B934-FDDF5CDB5F75.jpg
    2C327FE1-5542-4E3A-B934-FDDF5CDB5F75.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 23

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Got my box, and while this one did contain all the right hoses, hardware and brackets, it still had the wrong catch can.

Beyond frustrated. Always heard great things about Mishimoto products and their research, but this experience has been a big let down...

Included a pic of the two small cans to prove I am not making things up.23f6bd71cb424a76d9aff0a90541a51f.jpg257c607f260d91d3bedf7da446e88011.jpg4ff7494eaf5e6d7513078ec031a2a130.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Got my box, and while this one did contain all the right hoses, hardware and brackets, it still had the wrong catch can.

Beyond frustrated. Always heard great things about Mishimoto products and their research, but this experience has been a big let down...

I couldn't find the emoji for banging my head against the wall... I'm not sure how that happened but we're going to get it fixed ASAP. I'm going to hand this thread over to our customer service team so that they can get this and any other issues taken care of immediately, instead of having to go through me first.

I apologize again for the frustration - We'll get this sorted out as soon as possible and make it right.

-Steve

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Steve, I have been emailing with Jacob Trimmer as well. He should have all of this info, but every little bit helps.

Third time is a charm, right...

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Got a call from Mishimoto this morning. Fingers crossed that all is well this time around.
I will say that even though there have been problems with the order, they have all been very responsive. I have had issues with other companies where they avoid you like the plague. At least Mishimoto is owning the mistakes and working to make it right.

breal201999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Waiting with anticipation of my first OCC! UPS delivers two packages. The first is the obvious original mistake of the small can. I haven't even opened that box yet. The second box is what was the "overnight" package to correct the known error in shipping. Excited for the bigger box! Aaaaaand... disappointment.

Of course if I ever get a Ford Mustang EcoBoost, this intercooler kit may come in handy. But, not at all what I ordered.

https://www.mishimoto.com/ford-mustang-ecoboost-cold-side-intercooler-pipe-kit-2015.html

I mean, COME ON GUYS! This was a total failure.

Attachments

• WP_20171108_11_53_08_Pro_LI.jpg
    WP_20171108_11_53_08_Pro_LI.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 23
  • WP_20171108_11_53_22_Pro_LI.jpg
    WP_20171108_11_53_22_Pro_LI.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 22
  • WP_20171108_11_58_33_Pro_LI.jpg
    WP_20171108_11_58_33_Pro_LI.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 27
  • WP_20171108_11_58_01_Pro_LI.jpg
    WP_20171108_11_58_01_Pro_LI.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Steve, just FYI mine didn’t include instructions. I can get it from online but just wanted to let you know in case that was suppose to be included.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Waiting with anticipation of my first OCC! UPS delivers two packages. The first is the obvious original mistake of the small can. I haven't even opened that box yet. The second box is what was the "overnight" package to correct the known error in shipping. Excited for the bigger box! Aaaaaand... disappointment.

Of course if I ever get a Ford Mustang EcoBoost, this intercooler kit may come in handy. But, not at all what I ordered.

I mean, COME ON GUYS! This was a total failure.

I cannot fathom how that could have happened, but we're going to get it fixed ASAP. Please let me know when you have a few minutes to talk on the phone. If anybody else has an issue with their order or replacement please let me know right away and I'll personally see that it's taken care of.

Steve, just FYI mine didn’t include instructions. I can get it from online but just wanted to let you know in case that was suppose to be included.

We actually don't include paper instructions for a lot of our products. We find that the videos do a better job of explaining the process and having a visual of the product helps for installation. It also cuts down on our paper waste, which, in a small way, helps keep our product cost down.

I apologize again for the issues everybody, this is not how we typically operate and we're doing everything in our power to make sure future orders are filled correctly and in a more timely manner.

Thanks,

-Steve

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I cannot fathom how that could have happened, but we're going to get it fixed ASAP. Please let me know when you have a few minutes to talk on the phone. If anybody else has an issue with their order or replacement please let me know right away and I'll personally see that it's taken care of

I apologize again for the issues everybody, this is not how we typically operate and we're doing everything in our power to make sure future orders are filled correctly and in a more timely manner.

Thanks,

-Steve

Well Steve you have more problems, your hose barb fittings are to small for the hoses. The hose I.D. is approx 1/2” and according to your “online instructions” the fitting is 3/8”npt x 3/8” hose barb. So even though I appeared to get the correct kit and parts I obviously didn’t because I cannot install it as delivered.

Question is what’s incorrect the fittings or the hose size?

Anyone know what size hose connects fits the engine connections?

Attachments

• 6AB7AC01-F9C1-4730-86BC-CD11658703DB.jpg
    6AB7AC01-F9C1-4730-86BC-CD11658703DB.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 3024AEAB-BA85-4CB5-8513-3D79A68D2615.jpg
    3024AEAB-BA85-4CB5-8513-3D79A68D2615.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 12
  • A5C78988-E6B6-4316-9107-F554B0B6B4FA.jpg
    A5C78988-E6B6-4316-9107-F554B0B6B4FA.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Members online