Modern Muscle 5.7L Ported Heads Now Available!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up that we are now stocking the Modern Muscle CNC ported 5.7 Eagle Heads. These are the same heads that I am running in our 11 second N/A 5.7 Ram.

These heads come with PSI 1511 springs already installed, so those of you looking to install a bigger cam would not need to mess with any kind of spring upgrade.

We have 2 sets in stock and ready to ship. We do also offer these without the core charge if you would like to send your heads in to be ported instead. Simply check that option on the dropbox below to avoid having to pay any kind of core charge.

If anyone has any questions, dont hesitate to ask.

Modern Muscle 5.7L Hemi CNC Ported Eagle Heads

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Pricey! But worth it im sure. So hows the power curve with these? More for power up top right?

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Power is there across the rpm band. These use new stock size valves to keep the tq down low.

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
interesting, so this would be a good pair up for say a e force supercharger, and a custom boost cam?

Trying to keep/gain as much power as possible down low

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
nice... so when are they going on the shop truck Matt? ;)

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Yes they would. I have another customer running these heads with our HPS cam, and he has cut multiple 1.6 60' times in his crew cab truck. Definitely no loss of tq at all with this setup. He gained tq as his best 60' before the heads/cam was a 1.74.

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
nice... so when are they going on the shop truck Matt? ;)

I installed these on the shop truck at the same time that I installed our XTP cam ;)

Been running them on my own truck for months now, but we finally decided to start stocking/selling them.

Crashno1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Matt jump in if i'm wrong but, the e force is built for a stock block and heads.
With ported heads you will probably run out of charger before any positive gains.

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Matt jump in if i'm wrong but, the e force is built for a stock block and heads.
With ported heads you will probably run out of charger before any positive gains.

Not exactly. I have a customer running these heads with a slightly bigger cam, and the Magnusson supercharger (same headunit as the Eforce), and he made just over 500hp/490tq to the wheels. That blower normally makes about 420hp to the wheels on a stock truck, so his is doing very well with the combo.

Crashno1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not exactly. I have a customer running these heads with a slightly bigger cam, and the Magnusson supercharger (same headunit as the Eforce), and he made just over 500hp/490tq to the wheels. That blower normally makes about 420hp to the wheels on a stock truck, so his is doing very well with the combo.

That damm good, I was running a Roush on my 5.4 F150 any could only get
445/510 . That's street driven daily.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Let us know if it works---LOL
Jay

Rupert

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 big horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Heads

I bought my eagle heads from Dave Weber at Modern Muscle for my 08 charger R/T. I was building the car to run 11 sec, stock bottom end N/A, well because everyone told me I couldnt do it without adding boost or NO2. Car runs 11.9 all day in the heat, with more than a few 11.74 runs. Daily Driver ( when Its nice out). That was 40k miles ago.
I actually drove to Modern Muscle, it 's past the middle of no where near martinsville, VA. what a facility. CNC machines, Dyno, and what looks like a car paint booth, which is what I call a "clean room" where he does assembly. He's added a building since I was there so who knows what he can do now. I also enjoyed seeing the goats and horses, I mean my wife yeah thats it , my wife enjoyed the animals.
I'd buy these again inna heart beat!

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi

That's not exactly how Roots style Positive Displacement Superchargers work...

They move a fixed amount of air per rotation. The pressure, or boost, that they produce is back pressure. So the less restriction you have in your system, the less boost you make for the same pulley combination on the supercharger. Less back pressure means the supercharger doesn't have to work as hard, meaning there is less parasitic drag and therefore more of the power makes it to the wheels instead of being used by the supercharger.

Moparboss99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes they would. I have another customer running these heads with our HPS cam, and he has cut multiple 1.6 60' times in his crew cab truck. Definitely no loss of tq at all with this setup. He gained tq as his best 60' before the heads/cam was a 1.74.
What would be HP gain of the Modern Muscle Heads and a HPS Cam combo Matt? Considering this combo for my 2016 Ram R/T.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wanted to verify that I can just send in my heads to be ported and sent back to me with no "core charge" but what is the charge and spring upgrade and lead time if that is the case. Not sure if I am reading into the no core charge option right. Cause usually the core charge is there till I send you my parts and then I get my money so there is no risk to the seller? Someone please correct me if I'm off..

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
What would be HP gain of the Modern Muscle Heads and a HPS Cam combo Matt? Considering this combo for my 2016 Ram R/T.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

We have done all of our testing at the track as I am not a fan of dynos. Based on the results we have seen at the track, I would guess the power gains are around 50-60hp/tq to the wheels with this combo.

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Just wanted to verify that I can just send in my heads to be ported and sent back to me with no "core charge" but what is the charge and spring upgrade and lead time if that is the case. Not sure if I am reading into the no core charge option right. Cause usually the core charge is there till I send you my parts and then I get my money so there is no risk to the seller? Someone please correct me if I'm off..

If you send your heads in first, then the cost of the porting with upgraded springs and new valves is the pricing you see listed on the site. Just send your heads in first, and you will not have to pay the core charge. If we ship the new heads to you first, then we do have to charge the core fee, and then refund you the core amount as soon as you send yours back in.

There are 2 sets of heads on the shelf right now, so shipping time is quick.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you send your heads in first, then the cost of the porting with upgraded springs and new valves is the pricing you see listed on the site. Just send your heads in first, and you will not have to pay the core charge. If we ship the new heads to you first, then we do have to charge the core fee, and then refund you the core amount as soon as you send yours back in.

Ah I get it now... I'm kinda slow today... Thanks