Moe's HPT Cam and ARH Headers installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MJ6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So the shop finished up installing my HPT cam and ARH headers this weekend, and I have to admit that they sound fantastic. I haven't really had a chance to get into it yet as I'm dialing in the final tune with HemiFever right now, but the shop did a pre-install dyno pull which came in at around 325whp with the JBA shorties, and I'll be taking it back once the tune is finalized to see what kind of gains we ended up with.
I did run into one issue with the truck stalling out at complete stops though, and ended up raising the idle RPM by 100 across the board. It seemed to work initially, but after taking a test drive this morning it still cuts out when I come to a quick stop. Vacuum appears stable from what I can see, so I don't think it's a leak, but I'm sure Sean will be able to tell from logs and hopefully be able to tune it out.
The video below is from a cold start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxhUTE9ys4A

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Sounds awesome!
When I was getting my comp 260 can tune dialed in I had a few random stalls, mostly in parking lots trying to turn into a spot. Just the joy of having a Performance vehicle haha

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have arh long tubes with a few other bolt onss and a hug tune....how much should I expect to spend on a cam and install? And what should I see in performance gains?

BEAST19
'15 Ram 1500 5.7L
Blacked out brilliant black bighorn
Fully functional hood
Custom quad switchback halo
Fuel vapors wrapped in 33"x12.5nittos
MBPR Exhaust
ARH Longtube headers
Pedal Commander
Vararam intake
Diablo i2
Painted bushwhacker flares
Color matched cab spoiler
87mm TB

OP
OP
MJ6

MJ6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My shop did the install for around 2.1k in labor as they removed the heads, inspected the valves, replaced all the gaskets, and installed the headers.
I went with the HPT cam along with the cam install kit, all 16 non MDS lifters, phase limiter, and custom HemiFever tune through Moe’s for 1.9k, so all told it was close to 4k. Sure, it would have been cheaper to do the install myself, but it was a little above my comfort level from a technical standpoint.
I’m expecting some pretty decent gains as our engines tend to respond well to a more aggressive cam, but I won’t have solid numbers until it’s fully dialed in and I have a chance to do a post install dyno. I’ll be posting up the results once it is though.

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My shop did the install for around 2.1k in labor as they removed the heads, inspected the valves, replaced all the gaskets, and installed the headers.
I went with the HPT cam along with the cam install kit, all 16 non MDS lifters, phase limiter, and custom HemiFever tune through Moe’s for 1.9k, so all told it was close to 4k. Sure, it would have been cheaper to do the install myself, but it was a little above my comfort level from a technical standpoint.
I’m expecting some pretty decent gains as our engines tend to respond well to a more aggressive cam, but I won’t have solid numbers until it’s fully dialed in and I have a chance to do a post install dyno. I’ll be posting up the results once it is though.

MJ6 who did your install? Do you know if they do supercharger installs?

Truck sounds awesome :happy107:

OP
OP
MJ6

MJ6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hawk, I went with American High Performance in Lorton VA,
They actually specialize in superchargers there too man; in house dyno as well. I highly recommend them.

twisted 8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you ever get some dyno numbers? Also wondering how many miles on your truck? I want to do the same but someone told me with 90,000 miles I would need to rebuild the engine first

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know it’s an older post but any updates?

wtollinger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Really interested in what you did to resolve if anything the stalling issue. I have the same set up and issue on my 2013.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Really interested in what you did to resolve if anything the stalling issue. I have the same set up and issue on my 2013.
Let Hemifever know if the truck is stalling, and he will make a tune adjustment to correct it.

ryan russell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds great.. what did it cost if you don't mind me asking.. and what all did you have to buy to do it