Mopar ATF+4 MSDS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C3ntury

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Ram 1500 CC Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just curious, but does anyone have the MSDS on the Mopar ATF+4 (5013458AA) trans. fluid? I cannot find it anywhere online...

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
The dealer has to give it to you by law if you request it, they can print it through their dealer connect system. Are you looking for something specific?

OP
OP
C

C3ntury

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Ram 1500 CC Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just curious of the ratings and flashpoint, wish they'd post it online like every other label.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Flashpoint is less then the last version atf3, atf4 is 392f. They license all these companies to make their atf, I wager they have to all be identical for this application. All of the MSDS should be the same.

Oops I guess I'm wrong :) wouldn't be the first time. Looked a couple up and they vary on flashpoint a couple points, so there ya go. Penzoils has a FP of 399 and Napa was 3.92. What, Chevron's FP is 374, lol. Scratch my head on that one, seams like everyone's formula is drastically different. They must let them run on the base material and only require certain additives for the atf4 classification. A Group 5 oil company flash point on atf4 was 432.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

C3ntury

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Ram 1500 CC Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nope, Shell provides all lubricants/oil for Chrysler, according to a Shell corp. I just talked to, and then everything is re-branded for Chrysler specifics. I have Chrysler checking for the MSDS now lol. Even a couple dealerships didn't have the MSDS *eye roll*

In general, I think the baseline is in Viscosities which is why you see those number don't tend to vary at all and why you see Viscosity always advertised, but Flashpoints and other values can vary quite a bit. So far Redline, Amsoil, and Royal Purple seem to be the better tiered.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Chrysler has a dealer connect that should make all information immediately available to the consumer. This goes for anything you want to request. The problem is nobody cares about customer service anymore. It would take little effort for anyone in the dealership to access this and find anything the customer wants especially MSDS or MSRP's, but yet they constantly turn people away because they can't be bothered. Whenever I buy my next vehicle I am going to make a random request and see if the dealer gets me the info, if he does not, then I wont spend a dime in that fawkers showroom.

OP
OP
C

C3ntury

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Ram 1500 CC Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So funny, dealer connect at Chrysler couldn't even get the info. I have a dealer parts manager going to call the company putting out the MSDS just to find the info. Now I'm really curious as to how it compares lol..super secret family special sauce this fluid is :p

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Well maybe we can give the guy the benefit of the doubt, maybe like a lot of customer service people he is half way on the trail to becoming a retard and that cannot be helped, but the fact is it is the law to provide that information for any hazardous product, and if he tells you it isn't hazardous, tell him to drink some and prove it.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Valvoline does make a full synthetic that is licensed which can be had at many places. As stated before though Shell has contract for all lubes so Pennzoil is now the Mopar stuff.

$miley

OP
OP
C

C3ntury

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Ram 1500 CC Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No it's not. I contacted Shell corporate and they stated that even though they provide all lubricants for Chrysler, Mopar is altered through Chrysler after it leaves the hands of Shell. They are not one in the same. I got my hands on the MSDS and they offer no numbers on anything...sad, but not going to waste my time digging out info lol

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I wouldn't necessarily believe anything any corporation said, they say what is in their best interest to say. MSDS's are great to have, but it leaves most of the information that we need to make an informed choice. Stuff like Film Strength, oxidation factors, impurities and a ton of other factors. To be 100% honest, until the consumer has a list of every single component of every oil and unbiased testing, we will never be able to make 100% informed decisions on oil choices, and that probably will never happen as no oil company wants to make it's formulations public info. Guys just need choose a brand based on what info is available and what works for them. Maybe some day a company will pave the way with super honesty and guys will buy their oil like no other and force other companies to post their formulations as well. But I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I highly doubt Mopar would do anything with oils except put their name on a recipe they call for.

$miley

OP
OP
C

C3ntury

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Ram 1500 CC Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Although I do agree, I doubt we'll ever have full availability of constituants and if we can't trust in what a corporate tech says than none of it really matters in the first place. I could easily say that about any business, even 3rd party non-affiliated. No offense, just trying to work with info that's given. The guy was addiment that Mopar was not the same formularly/additives as Shells intimate line fwiw....but whatev to it all lol