Mopar cai

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badfish888

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 hemi express
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Came in the mail yesterday, 5 days to ship. Not to bad. First impressions, is how well built everthing is. Its very good quality. The breather hose needed to be trimmed to fit, and its not pre bent, so getting the engine cover back on was a bit of a pain. Trying to get the old Air sensor out of the tube wasnt so bad. The nerve racking part was how close it sits to the air box. I was afraid of snapping it of when i was tightening every thing. Install took about a half hour. Driving impressions.....throttle response it alittle better, and it feels like it pulls just a bit harder right before a shift. Not much difference, but the growl when you punch it makes me grin everytime.....sounds like it eats small children...

heres a post install pic, sorry for the crappy quality, if i get time ill take more tommaro, its dark

intake.jpg

09SMOKINHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great looking cai!!

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

OP
OP
badfish888

badfish888

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 hemi express
Engine
5.7L Hemi
some more pics
better intake pic
intake1.jpg

the clearance between the shock
clearance.jpg

how close the sensor sits to the box... i was so afraid id snap it off
sensor.jpg

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Clearance Concerns

Interesting the MOPAR keeps the solid portion of the OEM intake hose (or replaces it with similar) and eliminates the flex portion with a stianless tube. Looking at your clearance issue, where does the crank case vent hose connect?

Are the installation directions clear that the air sensor goes near the filter box and the crank case vent hose connects elsewhere?

The installation instructions for a the very similar K&N 77-1561KP, show the crank vent hose connects at the filter box and the air sensor is mid-tube near the decal. K&N does use a longer stainless tube and shorter 90 degree cuff in lieu of the intake hose.

I don't know who makes the MOPAR CAI now, but K&N used to make the MOPAR CAIs--some of the long time Dodge owners may remember the recall for MOPAR CAIs manufactured by K&N for plastic shavings contaminating the manifolds on 5.9L engines in the 2005 timeframe.

Looks great, its OEM, and if it works, then what more could you ask for? :driver:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
sweet

OP
OP
badfish888

badfish888

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 hemi express
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The hose is new, and the inside is smooth the entire way through, The factory is accordion style on the inside. Also the factory is the same diameter on the inlet and out side. New one is almost 4" on the filter and tapers to the throttle body side. The vent hose is directly on the opposite side of the air sensor, It's thick good year hose. And you need to trim it about 3" to fit cause you can't bend it.......but it works. I do plan on a catch can so I think I'll put one of those autozone breather filters on the intake to block it off.

2K10HemiRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hometown: Tacoma, WA Stationed: Alamogordo NM
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Interesting the MOPAR keeps the solid portion of the OEM intake hose (or replaces it with similar) and eliminates the flex portion with a stianless tube. Looking at your clearance issue, where does the crank case vent hose connect?

Are the installation directions clear that the air sensor goes near the filter box and the crank case vent hose connects elsewhere?

The installation instructions for a the very similar K&N 77-1561KP, show the crank vent hose connects at the filter box and the air sensor is mid-tube near the decal. K&N does use a longer stainless tube and shorter 90 degree cuff in lieu of the intake hose.

I don't know who makes the MOPAR CAI now, but K&N used to make the MOPAR CAIs--some of the long time Dodge owners may remember the recall for MOPAR CAIs manufactured by K&N for plastic shavings contaminating the manifolds on 5.9L engines in the 2005 timeframe.

Looks great, its OEM, and if it works, then what more could you ask for? :driver:

Here's the link to the AEM brute force intake, the mopar is a rebadged AEM

21-8222DC - AEM , AEM Brute Force Intake System