Mopar Catback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok guys, if any of you have been following my posts, you know that I impulse bought my truck a month ago without truely combing over it. It is a 2015 sport 4x4, 6 inch lift with 37's.

I bought a vararam intake and popped the hood for the first time and realized it had a Mopar cai intake, catch can, and I think the TB may be ported to 84m.

So I just got my carven progressive muffler today and crept under to spray some wd-40 and let it sit... Noticed that something wouldn't quite line up right... It has a Mopar performance catback and low restriction exhaust y pipe package. :emotions122:

First world problems, right? Thing is, I'm wanting to go all out and hate being wasteful. Im going to get LT headers and have no idea if it'll mate up to the Mopar catback. Also not a huge fan of the Mopar sound compared to carved sound clips that I've heard. Not very loud or aggressive.

I hate to scrap $1,600 worth of exhaust parts. I put in the 180 tstat and got a hemifever tune already. My goal is to strap up with a whipple. Wtf do I do with the exhaust???

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Long tubes, and build a new exhaust behind them, unbolt what you have and see if you can sell it.

If your going to super charge it you want a well tuned exhaust to go with it.

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What does well tuned mean? Custom? Or a high end catback like Corsa or borla?

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can a mod move this to engine and performance plz :D

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
will buy your carven if you decide not to use it :naughty:

Shipping may be pretty pricey to Canada.

Not sure what I'm going to do yet, the carven has more of a growl compared to the Mopar and I like the sound a lot better.

KCaudill

The RAM
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will buy the MOPAR exhaust for the right price. I sent you a message and reply on your CAI for sale thread

carnage521

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where in Canada are you?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will buy the MOPAR exhaust for the right price. I sent you a message and reply on your CAI for sale thread

You willing to pick it up? No way in hell I'm shipping a nearly full exhaust system.

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What I'd really like to know is if the Mopar catback would bolt up directly to LT headers.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Yes it will. The catback system technically starts at the muffler, and the new longtubes and Y-pipe will end a few feet in front of the muffler. You simply make 1 straight cut where the new Y-pipe ends, and then clamp the 2 pipes together.

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes it will. The catback system technically starts at the muffler, and the new longtubes and Y-pipe will end a few feet in front of the muffler. You simply make 1 straight cut where the new Y-pipe ends, and then clamp the 2 pipes together.

Would LT's with the Mopar cat back be free flowing enough for the Whipple, or would it be time for upgraded diameter piping?

spencer1122

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Shipping may be pretty pricey to Canada.

Not sure what I'm going to do yet, the carven has more of a growl compared to the Mopar and I like the sound a lot better.

look into it, i didnt realize you were selling the CIA as well.. i am very interested in the carven if you do go that route though

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
look into it, i didnt realize you were selling the CIA as well.. i am very interested in the carven if you do go that route though

CAI is sold. May hang on to the carven since it'll cost $50 to ship and then use it for a custom exhaust once I get the Whipple

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I am almost certain that the Mopar performance exhaust is a rebranded Borla already, I have it on mine and it sounds great. I too am contemplating throwing some LT headers on my truck.