Mopar Performance Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KozzyJr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
does anyone know a vendor/or a company that sells the mopar performance catback exhaust for a decent price. i went to a local dealer today after work and they quoted me $1805. :pokeowned:

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
buy aftermarket. Its cheaper and better.

OP
OP
K

KozzyJr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i would but there dealers here will void the warrenty on the truck if anything other than dodge products are installed on the truck.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
wow...no kidding? I installed a Flowmaster catback on mine.....under $500

OP
OP
K

KozzyJr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ya im kind of in a rock and a hard place. dont get me wrong the dealer gave me a great price on the truck but they wont budge on aftermarket parts. dont want to spend almost 2k on an exhaust but dont want a quite truck either.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
so they said it would void the warranty....but just on the exhaust? If so, I'd think a stainless catback would be better anyway...they cant void warranty on a tranny/motor for a catback...surely.....

OP
OP
K

KozzyJr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so they said it would void the warranty....but just on the exhaust? If so, I'd think a stainless catback would be better anyway...they cant void warranty on a tranny/motor for a catback...surely.....

when i was talking to the manager he said the entire trucks warranty will be voided. a mods a mod "his exact words".

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
hmmm, I think it's illegal. They have to prove the mod ( exhaust) would effect the warranty of say a tranny...I sure hope not!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Magnuson-Moss Act

Overall, the laws governing warranties are very clear. The only time a new vehicle warranty can be voided is if an aftermarket part has been installed and it can be proven that it is responsible for an emission warranty claim. However, a vehicle manufacturer or dealership cannot void a warranty simply because an an aftermarket equipment has been installed on a vehicle.

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
when i was talking to the manager he said the entire trucks warranty will be voided. a mods a mod "his exact words".

They can't void your warranty without proving the aftermarket part caused whatever issue you try to take the truck in for

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Keeping Your Mod's Warranty Intact - For Dummies

Further, under the act, aftermarket equipment that improves performance does not automatically void a vehicle manufacturer's original warranty, unless the warranty clearly states the addition of aftermarket equipment automatically voids your vehicle's warranty, or if it can be proven that the aftermarket device is the direct cause of the failure.

I just think he's trying to get you to purchase an $1800 kit. :(

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
man, fugg that, i'd go with aftermarket

mikeb33

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 2WD express
Engine
There's no magic stamp that "VOIDS THE WARRANTY" The warranty is void on that particular part and others that are directly related. NO MORE
If you change radios, you can't complain about the sound
If you change exhaust, you can't complain about an exhaust rattle.
If you change wheels & tires, you can't complain about a vibration.

That's how it works. If they tell you otherwise, they are misinformed or lying.

OP
OP
K

KozzyJr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
im well aware of the legistration vehicle's act in canada. and up here in canada they manipulate these laws in such just to avoid warranty work. anyways does anybody know which manufacture produces the mopar cat-back?

OP
OP
K

KozzyJr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ive lookin at all three of this sites not one product number was about to find, (Part No. P5155280).

OP
OP
K

KozzyJr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so, i phoned dodge canada/ and went to another dealer today about the whole warranty issue and this is what both of them said. any parts marked with the letter P dont void your warranty Initially. They will void your warranty if an issue does occur in the future. No proof given since it’s a performance application that wasn’t installed from day one in the factory. This is even written in the mopar performance catalogue at the dealership.

they said this also goes for installing parts aswell.

IV. PARTS SOLD “AS-IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY
a. MOPAR Gaskets and Seals are sold “AS IS” without warranty of any kind.
b. MOPAR Performance Parts

(all parts shown by a MOPAR part number beginning with the letter “P”) are sold “AS IS” without warranty of any kind.
For every part sold “AS IS”, the purchaser assumes the entire risk of loss , damage or breakage. Should the goods prove defective following their purchase, the purchaser and not the manufacturer, distributor, or retailer assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair.