More horsepower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe Lesko

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Happy Friday! Looking to add a few extra HP to my 2015 Ram Hemi 5.7..... Can upgrading my air intake increase power significantly??

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Welcome Joe!

If you're looking for more power, go for a tuning platform. They'll unlock some untapped potential and give you a little more skinny pedal. There's a lot of forum sponsors on here that would love to help you out. [emoji6] Aside from sound, an intake wont do much for you without a lot more modifications.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
If you want (SIGNIFICANT) hp then put a blower on it, lol.
A lot of hp comes from tuning though.

customcarz973

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would either turbo it (if it is in your budget), or tune it with hemi fever.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
A CAI won't help you, but consider getting a Catch Can and a couple of decals for the rear window. :naughty:

Agree, CAI perhaps un poquito, no mas.

With the catch can its about cleanliness not torque or HP.

Exhaust same as CAI, a tiny sump'n sump'n, but if you couldn't spin 20" rims before you won't after.

Maybe the decal is the answer?! :bowroflwerd6:

Seriously, pedal commander won't "tune" but for <$300 and no warranty risks, its cheaper than a tuner and will make the skinny pedal more responsive. Tuner is going to be the answer in the long run however.

Long tube headers would help, and of course if you have the bankroll, cam, turbo or blower are going to change things up, and then you get into things like better stall torque converter and ported throttle body to give more air to all that new equipment. :big_banana_Dance:

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Actually yes, installing an intake will add more power. Because once you install an intake, you end up doing the muffler. Then you decide you put headers on. Then that's not enough, so you'll tune it. Then that wears off and you decide to cam it. Then you get gears, converter, and then like me, decide to stroke it haha

So yes, in the long run, your intake add will end up with a lot more horsepower

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
Happy Friday! Looking to add a few extra HP to my 2015 Ram Hemi 5.7..... Can upgrading my air intake increase power significantly??

Nope, but they do sound nice! :naughty:

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Intake by itself, no.

Intake + Exhaust + Programmer (with custom tune) = 25 - 40 HP increase. May not sound like a lot but it is noticeable.

The thing about programming is that you have more power and torque available right off idle which makes the truck feel really responsive to throttle input.

Also consider the Pedal Commander.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Actually yes, installing an intake will add more power. Because once you install an intake, you end up doing the muffler. Then you decide you put headers on. Then that's not enough, so you'll tune it. Then that wears off and you decide to cam it. Then you get gears, converter, and then like me, decide to stroke it haha

So yes, in the long run, your intake add will end up with a lot more horsepower

One of the most factual posts yet----:naughty::naughty:
Jay

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
In my somewhat limited Spanish----El Torro pu pu :favorites13:
Jay

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
One word, Whipple!

Dangulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I installed the Mopar Cai and functional hood scoop.

I already have the diablo tuner along with direct fit muffler.

The CAI made a noticible difference while driving on the freeway between 50-80. It also helped my mpg to combat my lift and 35's

If you don't have the sport good check out Vararam. It's a similar setup and maybe half the price of the Mopar combo.