Moroso catch can results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Installed my BT catch can a week or so ago. About 200 miles and mine had some oil in it as well. Not much but enough for only 200 miles.

BIGMIKE27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is a catch can to catch to oil from the crankcase breath hose before it gets sucked into intake

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
U do it because the oil that gets sucked into the intake from the PcV system will cake up, you will loose hp over time, drivability and your Drive by wire TB will have to get cleaned out as the caked on oil will affect operation etc.

I empty mine about every 2 months or so and I'm 1/2-3/4 full. I only have 15k on my truck after almost 3 years too.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
U do it because the oil that gets sucked into the intake from the PcV system will cake up, you will loose hp over time, drivability and your Drive by wire TB will have to get cleaned out as the caked on oil will affect operation etc.

I empty mine about every 2 months or so and I'm 1/2-3/4 full. I only have 15k on my truck after almost 3 years too.

I have heard that a catch can actually lowers the horsepower because the catch can keeps oil out of the intake and not having that oil increases the friction of the opening which in turn lowers the horsepower. :happy107:

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
I have heard that a catch can actually lowers the horsepower because the catch can keeps oil out of the intake and not having that oil increases the friction of the opening which in turn lowers the horsepower. :happy107:

Haha seriously? Those people are idiots. What about all the sensors in the intake that get covered in oil and skew the readings? The valves getting buildup on them, if it's real bad it could foul the plugs etc.

Also in the intake track a rougher surface tends to aggitate the air thus resulting in a better air/fuel
Mixture down by the injectors. On a carb setup the whole intake induces turbulence to mix the air and fuel better and also probably why carbs will usually make more power. Caked on oil or sludge isn't really slippery... actually kinda sticky.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Caked on oil or sludge isn't really slippery... actually kinda sticky.

Oh, i forgot to say that my statement only works if the owner puts a decal from the manufacturer of the catch can in the rear window. Sorry for my omission. :driver:

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Oh, i forgot to say that my statement only works if the owner puts a decal from the manufacturer of the catch can in the rear window. Sorry for my omission. :driver:

Lol... sarcasm is hard to read via text :)

I picked up 5hp by putting rainX on all my windows!

Side note express... heard on the news down south jersey/Monmouth that we had 2 tornados, hope u guys are ok.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol... sarcasm is hard to read via text :)

I picked up 5hp by putting rainX on all my windows!

Side note express... heard on the news down south jersey/Monmouth that we had 2 tornados, hope u guys are ok.

Tornado issues were to the north/west of me so except for some heavy rain for a short time, but missed out in any excitement.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tornado issues were to the north/west of me so except for some heavy rain for a short time, but missed out in any excitement.

Did someone say tornado?!....pick up 10 hp with this badboy!!

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 41