most bang for my buck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeshemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
limited budget,volant cai or electric radiator fan?Which would i see the most hp gains and or fuel mileage?I have a stock 2011 express rc/sb.Gutting the cats tomorrow.Oh and i have spintech muffler dumped at the axel.Thanks for any feedback.Dont have enough dough saved for a tuner yet.

OP
OP
joeshemi

joeshemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
was looking at bullydog gt,not planning on doing a cam swap or head work so i dont think i'll need the diablo.I'm getting the 2-4 drop by mcguaghys and was trying to squeeze in one motor mod aswell,thats why i asked either the cai or radiator fan.

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The CAI or electric fan's gains are gonna be limited...to get the absolute best bang for your buck, I'd still say go for the tuner.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Pretty cool I never even thought about an electric fan to save HP, thanks for bringing it up. Time to do some research.

OP
OP
joeshemi

joeshemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thanks for the quick feedback,would it make a difference in tuners,diablo versus bullydog.im only planning on doing small mods,cai, fan, etc.

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Depends on what you eventually want to do with the truck...I am pretty sure that HemiFever tuning can write you a custom tune for the Diablo, where as the Bully Dog you have canned tunes. I would hit up Matt from Moe's and ask him to be definite. He is a vendor here and his customer service is excellent.

Xtreme545

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you go the CAI route, I'd really consider s&b over the volant

OP
OP
joeshemi

joeshemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Whats the difference between the s b and the volant?

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Search my friend. S&B has much better fitment, and is less expensive. Volant has a nice filter, but they have some fitment issues on recent models.

Xtreme545

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The S&B pretty much fits better than the OEM airbox, it's very solid too, bolts to the frame. Plus the S&B will probably flow better than the volant, if you leave the scoop open.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After much reading, the S&B seems the better offering to me, and was wife approved (which says alot about looks & fitment). I'm expecting mine in a week or two.
For tuners, the consensus is BD if you're happy with canned tunes but DS if you want a custom tune. If you buy a CS tuner (even the cheaper DS "Intune" will do custom tunes) from Hemifever he'll throw a free custom tune in with it. If a custom tune is worth $125 and it comes free, that pretty much made up my mind...

OP
OP
joeshemi

joeshemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So if i order a trinity from hemifever he'll put a tune on it for free?if so my mind is made up.