Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Dodge Ram Generations Forum > 4th Gen : 2009 - Present > Engine & Performance


Engine & Performance

MPG on 2015 Big Horn V6 (gas) CC 4x4


This is a discussion on MPG on 2015 Big Horn V6 (gas) CC 4x4 within the Engine & Performance forums, part of the 4th Gen : 2009 - Present category!
for the record, wife's 2015 V6 Tacoma gets about 18 mpg combined city/highway. assuming wife doesn't have as heavy right ...


Like Tree2Likes

Sponsored By: Moe's Performance
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2017, 03:41 AM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Sacramento
Age: 45
Posts: 757

Ram Year: 2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4
Engine: 6.4 Hemi
Default
for the record, wife's 2015 V6 Tacoma gets about 18 mpg combined city/highway. assuming wife doesn't have as heavy right foot as I do.


Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.


__________________
2015 Ram 2500 CC 6.4 Hemi 4x4 4.10 rear end, Gorhino W2W steps, LED rear bumper lights, Mufflex/Magnaflow, 30% front tint, Husky mats, Bull rings, front LED aux lights, Dee-Zee tailgate assist, Audiosource LC6i processor, Kicker 350.4 amp, JBL speakers, Kicker 12 sub-300 watt amp in a custom box.
reek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 06:35 AM   #12 (permalink)
 
Markcuda's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Clinton,Illinois
Age: 58
Posts: 164

Ram Year: 2015-Laramie-1500-CC-4X4
Engine: 5.7
Default
I always get 89. I've read it's a must for the hemi's.
89 octane gas recommended, 87 octane gas acceptable in my owners manual.


__________________
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie,4x4,CC,short bed,5.7 Hemi,3.21 LSD,Cooper Discover AT3 275/60/20s,Flame Red,Canyon Brown/Light Frost Beige,A.R.E LSXseries fiberglass lid Weathertech front floor liners,McGard premium lug nuts,drop in K&N air filter,Westin tailgate liner,32 gallon fuel tank,spray in bed liner,Dee Zee bed mat,Husky mud flaps,sunroof,2 Swing Case boxes,resonators gone.
Markcuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:34 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Age: 33
Posts: 35

Ram Year: 2015
Engine: V6
Default
Originally Posted by reek View Post
for the record, wife's 2015 V6 Tacoma gets about 18 mpg combined city/highway. assuming wife doesn't have as heavy right foot as I do.
My old 2011 Nissan Frontier 4x4 was awful on gas. It got anywere from 14 to 16 mpg. Terrible for a small truck.

Also, I thought your name was Theon, not Reek...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Rambo182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:52 AM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 27

Ram Year: 2015
Engine: 5.7
Default
Im getting 15.0 mpg with 4 inch lift and 35s. on a 2015 express 3.21 gears. I drive pretty rough.

MY speedo is off so by 8 mph at 85 and 2 mph at like 35-40. I think I should be getting around 16-17 mpg once I recal my speedo. I wll be tuning my truck next week so we will see if I can improve to 20 mpg.
Schmittj22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 12:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Somerdale, NJ
Age: 34
Posts: 84

Ram Year: 2015
Engine: HEMI 5.7
Default
Originally Posted by Rambo182 View Post
Feasterville! Hello neighbor!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Seems this is a reunion of sorts. I was in Philly in East Mt. Airy then moved to SJ and bought a house.
lagerstout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 12:44 AM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Rogers, AR
Age: 38
Posts: 35

Ram Year: 2016
Engine: 5.7 Hemi
Default
I get about 17.5 mixed on a 2016 crew 4x4 bighorn leveled with stock all terrains. I try to take it easy on the the gas though.


__________________
2016 Ram 1500 Bighorn Crew
Metallic Black
Leveled with 2.1 Bilstein shocks
Magnaflow 22 inch muffer
Cmsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 07:36 AM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Age: 33
Posts: 35

Ram Year: 2015
Engine: V6
Default
Originally Posted by Cmsharp View Post
I get about 17.5 mixed on a 2016 crew 4x4 bighorn leveled with stock all terrains. I try to take it easy on the the gas though.
Hemi or V6?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Rambo182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 10:20 AM   #18 (permalink)
 
OnSale's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Age: 30
Posts: 754

Ram Year: 2012
Engine: Hemi 5.7L
Default
Well I fixed my mpg problem.

When I first bought my truck it had the stock 20" silver 5 spoke wheels. I was getting 15+ mpg.

Once i put on my 20" ATX Justice Wheels with the big ass Cooper tires my mpg dropped drastically to 10.5-11.8 mpg.

About 3 weeks after i put on the ATX wheels I traded them for a set of Stock 20" Chrome clads. My mpg was still around 11.5mpg on average. Nothing improved.

Well about 2 weeks after putting the chrome clads on, I decided to hit reset on the mpg meter and immediately it shot to 30 mpg lol!!! It went back down but now I'm steadily at 15.6-16.5 mpg and it's been staying there for 3 or 4 days now.

So finally I'm getting the mpg I thought I should be getting compared to everyone else on here with hemis. I think my truck was "stuck" on the mpg it was getting with the old rims and big tires. As soon as I reset the mpg it was immediately higher reading. I even got it upto 19.8 at one point on the highway

Sent from hell via TapATalk
Rambo182 likes this.


__________________
2012 Flame Red RAM 1500 Regular Cab ST - K&N 63 Series Intake - Flowmasters Dual Exhaust - ATX Justice 20x10 Wheels w/ Cooper Zeon LTZ XL Series 275/60/R20 Tires - Lund Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover - Phillips XtremeVision 9145 Fogs - Phillips XtremeVision H13 High/Lows -
OnSale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:45 AM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Age: 33
Posts: 35

Ram Year: 2015
Engine: V6
Default
Originally Posted by OnSale View Post
Well I fixed my mpg problem.

When I first bought my truck it had the stock 20" silver 5 spoke wheels. I was getting 15+ mpg.

Once i put on my 20" ATX Justice Wheels with the big ass Cooper tires my mpg dropped drastically to 10.5-11.8 mpg.

About 3 weeks after i put on the ATX wheels I traded them for a set of Stock 20" Chrome clads. My mpg was still around 11.5mpg on average. Nothing improved.

Well about 2 weeks after putting the chrome clads on, I decided to hit reset on the mpg meter and immediately it shot to 30 mpg lol!!! It went back down but now I'm steadily at 15.6-16.5 mpg and it's been staying there for 3 or 4 days now.

So finally I'm getting the mpg I thought I should be getting compared to everyone else on here with hemis. I think my truck was "stuck" on the mpg it was getting with the old rims and big tires. As soon as I reset the mpg it was immediately higher reading. I even got it upto 19.8 at one point on the highway

Sent from hell via TapATalk
What is your average mph on the reset tripometer? Mine was actually 25mph which I think is odd since most of my driving is Rt 1. Probably explains why I am getting 17mpg though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Rambo182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 09:29 AM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 241

Ram Year: 2014
Engine: Hemi 5.7
Default
Originally Posted by Rambo182 View Post
What is your average mph on the reset tripometer? Mine was actually 25mph which I think is odd since most of my driving is Rt 1. Probably explains why I am getting 17mpg though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Could extended idling time been an issue?

I know with the frigid weather that we have been having in my area I tend to leave my truck running longer especially since I just bought a remote start.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Sportznut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 dodge ram 1500 slt big horn jrome Lifted 18 04-06-2016 11:14 PM
My new 2015 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab Sandman15 General Discussions 20 07-14-2015 02:31 PM
2015 Ram Big Horn questions myoung84 General Discussions 12 04-26-2015 10:30 AM
2015 big horn exterior??? 14hemiexpress General Discussions 27 04-25-2015 12:05 PM
2015 Big Horn RCSB Booms General Discussions 9 04-15-2015 08:56 AM

<




GM Truck Forum
Ford Raptor Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
Chevy Cobalt Forum
Chevy Camaro Forum
Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Ford Truck Forum
88-98 GM Truck Forum
73-87 Gm Truck Forum
Ford Expedition Forum
Chevy Equinox Forum
Chevy Cruze Forum
Jeep Liberty Forum
Jeep Forum
Dodge Ram SRT10 Forum
Chrysler 200 Forum
Scion xD Forum
Scion xB Forum
Dodge Challenger Forum
SRT Forum
Nissan Titan Forum
Buick Enclave Forum
Cadillac Forum
Cadillac XTS Forum