Muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiHavoc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is my first post here, and I know this topic has been beaten to death. Hopefully my questions are a little different, because after lots of searching I still can't seem to find the answers. The truck is a 2011 2500HD Hemi

When installing an aftermarket muffler, where do you guys mount it? I removed my stock one, and any replacement is going to be shorter than the stock 38" can, so did you install a piece of pipe before or after the muffler. Obviously this will affect sound somewhat, and I'm thinking if i mount it further towards the rear it will help with some drone and cab noise.

Also the new muffler won't have hangers, so is there a way to hang the new one, or will the hanger on the front and tail pipe be sufficient?

Lastly, I just bought the truck (used), and I'm wondering if there's anything specific for issues to look for? I've read about manifold bolt rattle, hemi tick, and some steering wander stuff, but so far this truck seems ok.

Thanks for any help!

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I can answer one question, yes put the extra pipe in front of the muffler so it sets back to help woth drone.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can have the hangers welded on to the pipes or muffler. I fixing to buy a borla muffler and the guy I've got to put it on said he would weld hangers on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
This is my first post here, and I know this topic has been beaten to death. Hopefully my questions are a little different, because after lots of searching I still can't seem to find the answers. The truck is a 2011 2500HD Hemi

When installing an aftermarket muffler, where do you guys mount it? I removed my stock one, and any replacement is going to be shorter than the stock 38" can, so did you install a piece of pipe before or after the muffler. Obviously this will affect sound somewhat, and I'm thinking if i mount it further towards the rear it will help with some drone and cab noise.

Also the new muffler won't have hangers, so is there a way to hang the new one, or will the hanger on the front and tail pipe be sufficient?

Lastly, I just bought the truck (used), and I'm wondering if there's anything specific for issues to look for? I've read about manifold bolt rattle, hemi tick, and some steering wander stuff, but so far this truck seems ok.

Thanks for any help!
Return the muffler. Buy a Mufflex kit from Moe's Performance (or your chosen retailer).

Its a 14", 18" or 24" Magnaflow muffler already plumbed and welded with stainless pipe to bolt right on in place of the factory beast muffler. Comes with the hangers too.

All you need is WD-40, a 15mm socket or impact wrench and a pair of eye protection.