Muffler dripping water?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr. Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 SLT Big Horn CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone else's exhaust system have a lot of condensation? If I've been sitting idling for a while, when I leave there is a pretty sizable water patch on the ground. I looked under it yesterday, and it's coming from one of the welding seams on the muffler under the truck. Am I the only one?

adventurer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 and 2006
Engine
Hemi 4X4 CC and Hemi 4x4 QC Sport
Anyone else's exhaust system have a lot of condensation? If I've been sitting idling for a while, when I leave there is a pretty sizable water patch on the ground. I looked under it yesterday, and it's coming from one of the welding seams on the muffler under the truck. Am I the only one?

Same issue but mine from the welding after the Y pipe, when i have time i ll go to exhaust shop and weld it good.

kparis99

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L V6
I've had this same concern. Man, my truck leaves huge pee spots everywhere I go. lol. Nice to hear it's nothing to worry about. Although I wasn't too worried.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
normal the muffler should have a tiny drain hole. Keep the water from sitting in there causeing corrosion. Our exhaust is stainless so nit much to worry about.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Except that it's very low grade stainless and will rust out in time. It is not 304SS but more or less lower quality than 409 SS and will corrode.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Except that it's very low grade stainless and will rust out in time. It is not 304SS but more or less lower quality than 409 SS and will corrode.

Yes but it still much better than aluminized. It will still last 10 years plus.

pld

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

Like a Jones muffler that is half the price of a Magnaflow; there's a reason for the price difference.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Like a Jones muffler that is half the price of a Magnaflow; there's a reason for the price difference.

Jones is 409, have you looked at the finish compared to the stock exhaust? Stock exhaust is not equal quality.

Hate to tell u but the magnaflow is the same 409 as Jones so the price difference is just the name.

SWJewellTN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Complete combustion of a hydrocarbon with oxygen creates carbon dioxide and water. Methane, for example is: CH4 + 2O2 = CO2 + 2H2O.

The cooling off of the exhaust gases as it travels down the system condenses the water vapor into liquid water particularly when at low engine RPM.

pld

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Jones is 409, have you looked at the finish compared to the stock exhaust? Stock exhaust is not equal quality.

Hate to tell u but the magnaflow is the same 409 as Jones so the price difference is just the name.

Lynyrd, no reason to get wild; Bam-ba-Lam, just stay rock steady. You from Birmingham, way down in Alabam'