Muffler question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OceanRescue01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry for the redundancy, but haven't been able to find what I'm looking for in the searches I've done. Looking to get a little more of a throaty, meaner sound out of the truck. Not interested in getting a new exhaust system, just mufflers. I don't really want it to be any louder per say, 3y/o still needs to be able to sleep, but just change the tone to something a little deeper and beefier (to compliment the train horn of course). From what I've read, just changing the muffler will do that. However, I don't really know what would work best (I understand it's a personal preference thing) but I also want to make sure I stay NY state legal and it will pass inspection. Thanks!

2013 Ram 1500 Sport

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
A easy bolt on kit would be a Mufflex kit that you can buy either through Mufflex directly or Moe's performance. I ran the 24" version on my 2012 5.7L hemi and is probably what you are looking for. As far as passing nys inspection you can have no muffler and pass. Just can't touch the cats. But on the other hand you'll won't be technically Street legal anymore if you swap mufflers. It's just one of those VTL laws that are more of a excuse to pull you over than anything laws. Like window tint.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

OP
OP
OceanRescue01

OceanRescue01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great thanks! Yea, more worried about passing inspection than being "street legal".

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like the 24" maggy or maybe even the flowmaster 50hd is what your looking for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk