Muffler Suggestions for Development Living

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sickem

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500-Express 3.92's w/ anti-spin
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone have any suggestions for a muffler that won't wake up the neighbors on start-up? I don't want to be that guy (well, my wife doesn't want me to be that guy). I'm new to this style of living, but my 09 TRX had a Dynomax on it and we could hear it in the house when truck was cold. We lived in the country then so it just sounded good to me. I was looking at the carven progressive, but hard to tell listening to youtube videos. I like the stock sound on cold starts, but just need to hear that sound when I hit the throttle.

thisgr8ride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Anyone have any suggestions for a muffler that won't wake up the neighbors on start-up? I don't want to be that guy (well, my wife doesn't want me to be that guy). I'm new to this style of living, but my 09 TRX had a Dynomax on it and we could hear it in the house when truck was cold. We lived in the country then so it just sounded good to me. I was looking at the carven progressive, but hard to tell listening to youtube videos. I like the stock sound on cold starts, but just need to hear that sound when I hit the throttle.

Did you read all the other posted forms on here? There are tons of carven info and more

Sorry not being rude, just saying you might not get all the responses you are looking for as there are a few larger posts with people stating their installs ect, so they might not add to this forum IMO..

Last edited:

MikeEMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I was looking at mufflers I was worried about the "that guy" issue as well. I've been pretty happy with the Mufflex DOD18M, seems like a good mix of loud on the throttle and reasonable on cold start-ups/idling.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I personally like the Flowmaster 50 series. Nice low rumble but is not too load. I currently have one on my 6.4 dumped before the back axle. It has too much drone & cab noise now so I am going to go ahead & run duels out to the back bumper.
I also had one of these on my 04' Dakota with the 4.7 & loved it then too. It's all personal preference. I highly suggest listening to as many youtube audio files as you can to give you an idea before you buy.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yea carven progressive is probably to loud for ya.. I have it and it isnt the loudest but it sure isnt quiet

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Listened to a LOT of internet sound clips. Decided on the Mufflex DOD18M setup. Seemed to be the best of both worlds, nice rumble at idle, nice bark on acceleration and little to no drone on the highway. Hopefully all the reviews were right. Just ordered it today from Matt @ Moe's Performance, best price and service around!

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Listened to a LOT of internet sound clips. Decided on the Mufflex DOD18M setup. Seemed to be the best of both worlds, nice rumble at idle, nice bark on acceleration and little to no drone on the highway. Hopefully all the reviews were right. Just ordered it today from Matt @ Moe's Performance, best price and service around!

Way to go! I have heard nothing but great things about Moe's

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We put a 5 inch round, 16 inch long dynomax ultraflow on my buddy's hemi, sounds perfect for what you're looking for, definitely neighborhood friendly

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mufflex 14 here. I love it, but may just be a bit to load for what you want. The 18 or 24 may be perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Sickem

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500-Express 3.92's w/ anti-spin
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks everyone. After reading up on everything and listening to a bunch of soundclips I might just say the hell with it and randomly pick something. If it's too loud for my neighbors they can kiss my ass.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Magnaflow 24". Has a wider body which reduces the LOUD sound but still gives a little more tone than stock. Add a couple of 5" tips and you'll get a low rumble that is not LOUD and snarky.(sp)
Jay

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have Boesch built 18 and I have been living with the mds off, but 1500-1800 drone has gotten to my kids. I think I have to get the 22 welded on.
f3e605dcff2c5b35337bc83087a94dca.jpg