Muffler swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jerseyguy19

Jerseyguy19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can someone send me a link to the 14" magnaflow that fits 2015 1500

RodRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I wonder how many fellas hear a 14" and secretly regret going with the 18"...:roflsquared:

See i almost like my stock,sound but want just a tad more rumble but want zero drone or wierd mds issues or super loud exhaust So why is the 14'' better in you guys that chose them over the 18? Any suggestions for any other muffler ?

Stlram21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's that sound like?

I have a super 10 as well but if I were to describe it, I'd say it makes the hemi sound mean as hell especially at high rpm's. Drones like crazy if you still have the MDS on but I have my truck tuned with it off. I'll paste a sound clip off YouTube to get an idea.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8jlYNPd7eZo

TheFactor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Copy and paste from another thread because I'm to lazy to write my thoughts again lol . Magnaflow 3" in 2.5 dual
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.L.K. View Post
Let us know how it goes ...
Went great man couldn't be happier !
It nailed every one of my needs and wants . Early on my first impressions are ..... Well put it this way when I was driving couldn't wipe the smile off my face
Everyone has different taste and really depends what sounds good to your ears . I may be just getting older because back in the day I just wanted wall and window rattling exhaust and I've had a few from Borla , bassani, and flowmaster over the years catbacks to turbo backs and full exhaust from the headers . Anyway for this one I just wanted a nice deep throaty sound at idle ,didn't care about power increases but definitely didn't want to loose any . I also wanted something at cruising speeds you can talk to a passenger and not shout like your radios to loud lol . Have a nice knarly rip when you got on it topped with a little wickedness
This magnaflow did all of the above for me with no drone what so ever . It's been raining pretty hard so that creates a little distraction for back ground noise but if it has a drone and the sound of driving in the rain over powers it then that's good for me . It took a little for my computer to adjust as it seemed at first my transmission was shifting late but after about 20 to 30 minutes it seemed pretty dialed , my guess because the exhaust is more free flowing with mags straight threw design .What I really like is off the throttle just cruising it's just a little louder then stock but sounds beefy/deep . Jump on it and you know it's not stock or just leaning on it a little . My exhaust shop did a great job and you can tell they take pride in the work . It's all welded in place with beautiful beads on the welds with new hangers , tailpipes line up about perfect and better then stock . I wanted to take some pictures it looked so good but my truck was on the lift and my phone in the truck lol . Maybe In a few days when it drys up a little ill lay under my truck in the garage and shoot some pictures . I know they have like 14's, 18's and 24's . Not sure which direction it gets louder but I went with the 24" part# 12388 and couldn't be happier . They said if I wanted louder but drive it for a while and if that's what I wanted for a around 100 bucks they'd take out the factory resonators at least I think that's what there called . But to be honest I don't think I will because it's loud enough for my taste .
Anyway thus far I believe it was a success
Edit: Oh my seat of the pants Dyno says there more power lol . Seriously though I swear it feels like I gained some throttle response but who knows

Last edited: