Mufflex aggressize installed...slightly disappointed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Sold it to a member on here named karstensdad, pretty sure he's still running it. After a thousand mile road trip towing the camper, it was just a hair too loud for that. Now have an 18 inch jones (magnaflow knockoff) on it. I used to get compliments on the exhaust all the time and have since received none. Still sounds okay, but nothing like it used to.

My first muffler on this truck was a jones, had it on 2 months and something broke inside and started rattling.

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The 14'' is much deeper in tone, I dont consider it to be loud either but love the tone!

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^ nah, just got the 35"s on last month. Had the 18m for awhile. Like a year and a half. Owned the truck for 2 years.

I know I am talking crazy talk. Absurd. But, I am telling you, my butt dyno never lies. Every now again I consider going back to stock.

I was just curious if the OP had the same experience.

Honestly, I thought I felt a decrease in hp too when I switched from stock to the 14" Maggy.

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
Honestly, I thought I felt a decrease in hp too when I switched from stock to the 14" Maggy.

Sorry, I edited my posts. I have the 14m too. I am considering a different set up. Like the sound but not the other side effects in regards to power.

TCGM087

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got the Mufflex aggressive kit for Christmas. Finally got around to installing it today. All in all...not too bad but there was a little issue getting things lined up but I got it sorted.

Anyways...fired up the truck and meh. It's definitely a deeper tone but really only very slightly louder than stock. Maybe my expectations were too high but when the descriptions says on a scale of 1-10 stock is a 2 and this kit is a 9 with only straight pipes being louder...I'd expect a little more This kit is maybe a 4. At best.

So...anyone have any thoughts? Maybe after some break in it will get louder? Nothing else has been done to the truck. Stock intake, rest of the exhaust is stock.

Hey i did a muffler delete and replaced it with a y pipe did a word of difference and sounds aggressive

http://youtu.be/KhFmVNAUFJw

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I agree 100% hahaha. I thought, based on the 1-10 scale, I was going to have something very loud on my hands. I have the 14". The drone is next to nothing. I started getting some drone when I added my 35" tires.

I was told by the muffler shop it is due to the more restrictive Cats. I bet if you put on some high flow cats (expensive) then you will get that sound you are looking for.

Hey, no ****, did you notice a slight loss of power? Because I did and everyone tells me it's in my head. ********.
Some folks with straight flow mufflers (Magnaflow/Mufflex) have reported a drop in low end torque from the reduced backpressure--that could be what you are feeling.