Mufflex DODS14 Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Finally got a video. https://youtu.be/IiCrQD_sw1E

I went down to the Mufflex shop today. After doing some researching and finding out that the shop was only 20 minutes away from me I decided to go check them out. I went ahead and got the DODS14 kit. This is the "aggressive" kit with the 14" muffler. So far I really like it. The website rates it a 9 out of 10 as far as loudness but I would say it's more of a 6 or 7. I'll try and put up a video in a few minutes.

Last edited:

duckyone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any update on video/sound on this muffler? I too have the single exhaust, and was panning in this muffler.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, i had that DODS14 kit on my 14 Sport. I now have the Carven Competition Series on my 16 Rebel and that is a 9 of 10 for loudness....maybe a 9.5

Teknoracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea i had the progressive on my 1500 and it was perfect. Cant imagine any louder lol. Got a new 2500 now and wish carvin made somethin for it....looks like mufflex is my best option now

OP
OP
UnsatFC

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have some videos on my phone. Does anyone know if I can upload videos directly to this site?

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No only pictures. You have to upload videos to YouTube or something similar.

I have the Mufflex 24 and it's definitely not quiet. I'd say it's a 5 out of 10. Seems like their "sound level" charts aren't that accurate. The difference between the 14 and 24 isn't as dramatic as you would think

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No only pictures. You have to upload videos to YouTube or something similar.

I have the Mufflex 24 and it's definitely not quiet. I'd say it's a 5 out of 10. Seems like their "sound level" charts aren't that accurate. The difference between the 14 and 24 isn't as dramatic as you would think

How much louder at idle then stock???

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How much louder at idle then stock???
Quite a bit louder at idle. I got the 24 because I wanted a nice deep tone that was a little louder than stock. In reality it's quite a bit louder than stock through all rpm ranges

Rampaige

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guys with the single exhaust, just thought I would let you all know that I ended removing my big resonator that was located between my muffler & tail pipe. I really like the results. Much more of a rumble sound at start up and WOT but still pretty quite at idol. Not too drastically loud at interstate speeds but just rite IMHO. A little bit of drone at around 60mph (1700 rpm’s) but nothing drastic. It only cost me about $30 total for the 14” flex exhaust pipe and two clamps that fill in the gap of where the resonator was located......a lot cheaper than $300+ for the “aftermarket” mufflers! I just personally had trouble justifying the cost to get the sound I was after. And if I didn’t end up liking it I could always put it back on later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duckyone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have some videos on my phone. Does anyone know if I can upload videos directly to this site?

PM me. I'd like to hear a sound clip - you can email me the vids from your phone if it's easier than uploading to youtube and posting here.

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
I had the dod24 on my 2010 ram tried the 14 too much drone the 24 has a nice deep throaty sound and minimal drone

OP
OP
UnsatFC

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had the dod24 on my 2010 ram tried the 14 too much drone the 24 has a nice deep throaty sound and minimal drone

Did you have the single or dual exhaust? With the single I don’t have any drone.

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you have the single or dual exhaust? With the single I don’t have any drone.
You kept the resonator, this is why there's no drone. If you remove the resonator it will drone and be much louder.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

RAM-NJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Quite a bit louder at idle. I got the 24 because I wanted a nice deep tone that was a little louder than stock. In reality it's quite a bit louder than stock through all rpm ranges

Does it drone, or can you hear it from inside the cabin?

I have a Carven Progressive muffler that I am taking off next weekend. It’s a bit too loud for my wife and kids. I think it sounds great, but when your truck sounds as loud as your Hellcat, that’s a problem. Lol. If anyone is interested, im going to be selling the Carven exhaust next week. PM me if interested.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does it drone, or can you hear it from inside the cabin?

I have a Carven Progressive muffler that I am taking off next weekend. It’s a bit too loud for my wife and kids. I think it sounds great, but when your truck sounds as loud as your Hellcat, that’s a problem. Lol. If anyone is interested, im going to be selling the Carven exhaust next week. PM me if interested.

It does drone slightly while in MDS but that's it. For me with a wife and 2 young kids, I didn't want something crazy loud. You can hear the 24 in the cabin but only when you really get on it which is exactly what I wanted. As mentioned, it has a really nice deep tone but isn't obnoxiously loud. Unfortunately the 24 has the reputation of being quiet, but imo it isn't quiet. Its not loud either. I've had an 03 Mustang GT, 88 Trans Am, and an 87 Monte Carlo all with loud exhaust on them so I definitely have a reference for what is "loud".

OP
OP
UnsatFC

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You have the single swept side exhaust? With this set up I have no drone. My 2004 RAM 4.7 with a flow master super 40 droned like crazy.

RAM-NJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It does drone slightly while in MDS but that's it. For me with a wife and 2 young kids, I didn't want something crazy loud. You can hear the 24 in the cabin but only when you really get on it which is exactly what I wanted. As mentioned, it has a really nice deep tone but isn't obnoxiously loud. Unfortunately the 24 has the reputation of being quiet, but imo it isn't quiet. Its not loud either. I've had an 03 Mustang GT, 88 Trans Am, and an 87 Monte Carlo all with loud exhaust on them so I definitely have a reference for what is "loud".
I appreciate the feedback. This is exactly what I wanted and the reason why I’m replacing the Carven Progressive with the Mufflex 24. I like a quiet cabin and would like to hear it when I only get on it.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I appreciate the feedback. This is exactly what I wanted and the reason why I’m replacing the Carven Progressive with the Mufflex 24. I like a quiet cabin and would like to hear it when I only get on it.
Yup the 24 is perfect for that