Mufflex Size/Sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

345Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, kind of on a budget and not looking to do anything crazy with my exhaust. I want a louder exhaust than factory but nothing that ****** off the neighbors. Looking on Moe's site the mufflex mufflers seem to be my best option for the price, but unsure what size to got with. Does anyone here have them, what size, and how do they sound? Also looking to get 5" tips installed, any suggestions on brand/where to buy? Thanks in advance for your replies!

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the 14'' Magnaflow and love it... Moe's offers nice 5'' tips as well!!

Btp 2332

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the mufflex delete pipe on mine and love it. Guy at work has the mufflex 14 it sounds good also just wasnt loud enough for me.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, kind of on a budget and not looking to do anything crazy with my exhaust. I want a louder exhaust than factory but nothing that ****** off the neighbors. Looking on Moe's site the mufflex mufflers seem to be my best option for the price, but unsure what size to got with. Does anyone here have them, what size, and how do they sound? Also looking to get 5" tips installed, any suggestions on brand/where to buy? Thanks in advance for your replies!
I have 18"boeschbuilt kit. Sounds good and has gotten louder once broken in.

A few cons:

1)At 1500-1900 rpms the noise in the cabin gets annoying especially going up hill and any speed over 62 mph. Over 62 mph I usually shift to 7th to increase rpms to 2000.

2)I usually have to click the gear +/- to turn off the mds to tame the sound back a little.

I do have a crew cab so the muffler is under the back seat. This may contribute to interior cabin noise.

There are plenty of people that run smaller mufflers and are happy with them. Check out YouTube for sound clips and the ram exhaust thread on this forum for assistance.

http://www.ramforum.com/showthread.php?t=12627

My $. 02, if I would do it again I would go with the 24". I may do a swap this summer.

Last edited:

Hawki1cr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just installed the mufflex delete last weekend. It has the most amazing sound I've ever heard come from a truck. Best $200 I've spent thus far on the truck. And once the truck is warm, it's really not that loud, unless you floor it, then it screams. Right now it's cold in Michigan so it sounds like a pissed off bomb going off when I start it! Install is easily doable in your driveway too.