Need advise on muffler for my 16 ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Machoramcharger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Looking to make my truck more aggressive sounding.
I've been searching YouTube and the one I like the best is flowmaster super 10. Looks like they make a direct bolt on kit and it looks super easy to install.
HAve any of you install this setup? If so how do you like it?
Thanks for any help

Attachments

• IMG_0979.jpg
    IMG_0979.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 31

2016Bighorny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would highly recommend the Carven Competitor bolt in kit...sounds MEAN!!! Direct bolt in kit and VERY good deal too, full stainless!

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We offer the flowmaster direct bolt in kit and the Carven. We sell more Carven and the Carven would be my choice as well

Carven offers a progressive kit which is mild and a competitor version which is the louder meaner kit

Let me know if you would like a quote on what ever setup you choose via PM.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
+2 on the Carven, I've got the progressive and really like it, as you see many like the competitor, it's just a personal choice. Bang for the buck you can't beat Carven IMO.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

sjtri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another vote for the Carven. I've got the progressive and it sounds amazing

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Ghost2013SCC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Carven...R/Competitor Series here. It’s not obnoxiously loud. Just a mean rumble. Love it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dodge This

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Carven offers a progressive kit which is mild and a competitor version which is the louder meaner kit

Everybody keeps saying the progressive is mild, but it does not sound mild on my truck! If the progressive is mild, then I can't even imagine the competitor. It must set off alarms as it drives by. :eek:

BogsRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am planning on removing my 18" Magnaflow for the progressive Carven. Hopefully it's alittle louder. Leaving for work at 5am the competitor is probably to much. Already have Carven's 5" tips mine as well match it up to their muffler.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am planning on removing my 18" Magnaflow for the progressive Carven. Hopefully it's alittle louder. Leaving for work at 5am the competitor is probably to much. Already have Carven's 5" tips mine as well match it up to their muffler.

The Progressive will definitely be louder than a 18" magnaflow. the competitor would not be an option for you if your worried about early morning cold starts

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Everybody keeps saying the progressive is mild, but it does not sound mild on my truck! If the progressive is mild, then I can't even imagine the competitor. It must set off alarms as it drives by. :eek:

Maybe I'm just used to long tubes offroad mid pipes and tiny mufflers :crazy: that makes just about everything but open headers mild lol :naughty:

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im loving my Gibson mwa race muffler $70, also a huge fan of black widow widowmaker $114, throw in a magnaflow y pipe for $30, and 75 for install and you're still $100-150 cheaper than the flowmaster or carven.