Need little help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramcolorado

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New to ram. 400 miles on 2017 Laramie. Spots on floor at first freaked out thinking oil. No, crawled under and appears to be water dripping from where the two manifold exhausts meet. Is this just a/c condensation or something else? Doesn’t appear to be oil and I don’t think it’s anifreeze either. Thanks for the help.

RaftingDave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Boulder, here. 2017 QC BigHorn. 940 miles. Howdy !

OP
OP
Ramcolorado

Ramcolorado

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Howdy, where do you go for service? Opinion on Boulder dodge?

RaftingDave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Howdy, where do you go for service? Opinion on Boulder dodge?

Haven't really been anywhere for service yet. We're hunting around for a good 4x4 shop for a front end lift and maybe tire upgrade.

We picked ours up at Prestige in Longmont, and we'll get our oil changes there. I bought my '07 TRX from them, and also the wife's '12 Grand Cherokee. Both solid deals, and pretty light on the brain damage.

heh, Boulder Dodge.

Short version: we went to Prestige first, looked at/drove a '17 BH QC (the showroom model, no less), liked it and we started talking deal. Thing is, it didn't have skid plates, a bedliner, tow mirrors, hood deflector and a few other things I kinda wanted. Base stereo. The deal looked ok, but I totaled up the add-on's and all of a sudden I realized I was looking at a $46K truck that I really didn't want, probably $2k additional to configure. Not made of money am I.

I mumbled something to them about tires; they offered to sell me some Yokohama Geolanders, more or less at std retail (congrats, you now have EIGHT tires !!), and I kinda huffed away and called Boulder Dodge.

The sales guy there said he had a model I'd probably like (a Laramie), and he could give me a break on tires. We went down there, just 5 miles or so from my house.

We got there - the guy I talked to on the phone had gone "home sick", a young sales guy showed us the Laramie. Nice truck, $5K list over the QC, but well optioned. Also looked at a BH CC, but the Laramie had our eye.

Went inside; another sales guy, more senior, sketched out a terrible/laughably bad deal with a magic marker, killed me on my trade, $400+/month lease payments . We just looked at each other - handed them their sheet back and left. The sales guy was practically diving at our ankles to get us to deal.

The sales guy at Prestige found us a nearly-perfectly optioned QC at another dealership, traded a truck with them, threw in a bedliner and deflector at no cost, and we went for it.

So as much as I prefer to keep my big purchases local, BD was a just a complete turn off.

I assume you did your purchase there? If you had a good experience and got a deal you're happy with, great. Prestige went above and beyond to get us the right truck, spun up a massive deal for us, and we're happy.

I had service done on my '07 at BD; they seemed to be okay for that.

I don't like to slam any vendor online - they gotta sell trucks any way they can, and if I get *****, that's on me if I haven't done my homework. But our sales near-encounter with BD was a major fail.

Good luck with your new truck !! Maybe we'll hook up at some point, trade notes. :)

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the group, enjoy that new ride:favorites13: