Need a new battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Syntec

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
H5.7
Time to replace the battery, what do you recommend?

Live in Canada - gets nasty cold :mad:

SJP_1809

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've had good luck with Duralast batteries from Autozone.

OP
OP
S

Syntec

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
H5.7
I'll do some digging on the 3 mentioned, thanks guys.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anything with a long warranty. Batteries are strange and fickle creatures, like wives. They can turn on you at any time!

Seriously though, get something with a non prorated warranty. Prorated they try to screw you on usage. Ive had car batteries get a bad cell after 2 weeks, have had some last 10 years in other cars. They are not cheap make it worth it. If a battery is only a $20-$30 more with double the replacement warranty, its good insurance if you ask me.

SD38-2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I owned my 2nd gen cummins ram I only used Interstate batteries. I had great luck with them. The old cummins always fired up even on the coldest mornings. My 14 ram 1500 still has the factory battery in it, when it goes I'll replace it with an interstate battery.

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Employees at my work get a lot of random discounts, simply because we're employees. 20% off sprint, Verizon, at&t, cell phone bills. Discounted gym memberships, Dell computers, stuff like that. We also get batteries at cost through a major distributor. I'm excited about that one! I can get a $330 Odyssey battery for about $140!
My battery is about 5 years old. So its about time to take advantage of that deal and pick up a Odyssey or Optima battery before I quit or get fired.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I bought an eliminator battery from Canadian tire for my last truck. I can't remember the model, but it was $260. It was a great battery.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since you're in Canada, you can get the Canadian tire MotoMaster Eliminator Ultra AGM or a Northstar battery. Both excellent battery that will survive well in our condition

I'm running the Northstar in the truck currently and the Motomaster one in my other cars

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited: