Needed for 400rwhp on 1500 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
Of course, scubabill has to post something that ruins the whole thread....smh

sent from galaxy S7 edge using tapatalk

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
:STILL YAWNING:

sent from galaxy S7 edge using tapatalk

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I've recently Pro Charged my '13 V6 Perf Pac Mustang. It made 393 at the rw. <Thats actually pretty mild. Most guys with the 3.7 Ford, go more than that. The Mustang weighs 3560, full of fuel, right now. Manual tranny. It's a lot of fun. The car is smooth, and powerful, while being pretty light.

I wonder why more guys don't put Pro Chargers on these trucks? Pro Charger, 8 speed, 3.92s. I think 450 to the rear wheels would be easy, with a lot of margin of safty. Theoretically.......

There's quite a few Pro-Charged trucks running around and a few Magnason blown ones too. Check out CharonBlks thread on his supercharged toy.

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I know there are some stroked hemis rolling around, but I don't know that this is the right move for a new truck. Eventually I will get another Gen 2 RCSB and throw a Stroked Hemi in it. Miss my old '98.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rear window sticker. Preferably an energy drink.

In yellow!!!!

But to the OP, CAI, LT Headers, Tune, ported intake, 180 t-stat, and my underdrive pullies will get you 400+ at the rear. But remember there are some other things that go along with that like the catch-can, gears and TC depending on what your truck came with.
Then the next step is heads and a cam.
If you want more power and from there, then forced induction is the route.

Just my .02

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
IMHO---I think one of the problems that some people have is they buy a Ram truck, read about all the good stuff they can do to it to make it faster and/or quicker, and then after a couple thousand, they finally realize they still have a 5000-6000 brick. Yes, you can make them perform better, beat up on Chevys and Fords(so far), but at the end of the day you still have a 5000-6000 brick--------but it's still fun to do :naughty::naughty:
Jay

I like having a heavy brick that blows the doors off the unexpecting.... hell my old 07 weighed in at 8800# on the scale and would walk on most sports cars on the road... granted it was diesel and had more money dumped into it than most 3rd world countries, but still fun to see the look on a Subaru or M5's face when they just got left in a cloud of dust by a diesel farm truck. :roflsquared:

powderbrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hear ya ^^^

But saner heads prevailed and I bought a street bikes. 1/6 the cost of upgrades and more fun riding.

The traffic court cases and crooked judges/cops/prosecutors however kinda ruin the fun/money ratio though.

OP
OP
T

Trendsetter75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Intake, ported throttle body, longtube headers without cats, clutch fan delete, ATI underdrive pulley, catch can, cooler thermostat, and custom tuning will put you around 375hp. Add a bigger cam, and you are just over 400hp n/a.
Hemi 450hp clear out your PM box its full?