New 2017 Ram coming tomorrow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IDooToo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Going on my 3rd Ram. I’ve never purchased the same vehicle and now I’m going on a 3rd. The past 2 trucks were short leases, this one I’m buying so I would like to do some minor mods like exhaust, intake, and maybe a tuner. What do you guys like and what should I stay away from?

Salsa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the forum. There are all kinds of different threads & recommendations out there. Good luck.

billdozer79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The search function will yield alot of good info on here. Good luck!

goodguy11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Going on my 3rd Ram. I’ve never purchased the same vehicle and now I’m going on a 3rd. The past 2 trucks were short leases, this one I’m buying so I would like to do some minor mods like exhaust, intake, and maybe a tuner. What do you guys like and what should I stay away from?

Don’t waste money on a cold air intake. If you do some research on what a CAI is ram already has one from the factor. These aftermarkets are just for looks. Realized that before I bought one thankfully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome! Carven progressive exhaust is a must!

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
exhaust, i recommend corsa or carven and a pedal commander. We offer lots of options and carry and stock most items. Let me know if we can help you out. We offer discounts to the members here!

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Don’t waste money on a cold air intake. If you do some research on what a CAI is ram already has one from the factor. These aftermarkets are just for looks. Realized that before I bought one thankfully

What did you base that on? I don't have a CAI but did see a video of a guy with a Ram 5.7 dyno test before and after and picked up 15hp. Also K&N claims a hp increase on their site.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
vararam air grabber intake is a proven intake for hp. also looks so cool. we are now offering, i just havent advertised it since vararam is currently out of stock.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

It may be useless in your eyes but the fact that the truck can breath easier since a lot of the cai options add some form of larger tube and higher flow filter they help. Granted you could also gain a small but beneficial increase in air flow with a high flow drop in filter as well. Most cars come with a cai but very poor airflow

goodguy11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
What did you base that on? I don't have a CAI but did see a video of a guy with a Ram 5.7 dyno test before and after and picked up 15hp. Also K&N claims a hp increase on their site.

No disrespect to anyone. We all have our own opinions on mods. That just mine. Forums are full of opinions on trucks and mods

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Its true that most CAI dont do what they claim and the factory air boxes can handle alot of hp before becoming a problem.
Take the Cummins air box, it can handle up to 500hp before it needs addressed and they do draw air from out side the motor compartment.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Mopar blinker fluid additive. OK seriously... +1 on Pedal Commander and/or a tuner (love my Diablo Trinity 1000). You will get a great return on performance from a good tuner and every bolt-on perfomance mod thereafter will enhance it with a custom tune -- I run Hemifever. CAI, TB, Exhaust, Headers, 180 T-stat, etc. There is a LOT you can do by yourself to get significant gains out of your rig.

Welcome to the forum, post some pics when you get a chance. Lots of sharp guys and gals on the forum. I am not one of them.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the forum, don't forget to post a pic of that new ride when you pick it up.....