new battery needed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So because I spoke of having my stock battery for almost 5 years, now I need a new one. I was looking, considering a Odyssey battery. Simply because I am quite sure I can get tem for 40% off. Their battery finder sizer, is showing a battery thats a little smaller (in millimeters) than my battery size I have now. But has the same battery power output as the stock, factory battery.

Should I get the size and dimensions thats closest to the factory size, just to have a battery that has more power? Or get a battery thats a little smaller, and save on weight, just as long as it has adequate power? I do not have any aftermarket electronics. But I am considering getting rid of the stock Alpine sub and getting a aftermarket amp and sub, but nothing big or crazy.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The only thing with a smaller battery is making sure your safety strap will still work.

As long as the CCA rating is the same or higher the power issue is fine.

Just make sure you can secure the battery. You don't want that thing banging around under the hood.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I always get the biggest battery that will fit and can be secured.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I always get the biggest battery that will fit and can be secured.

^this^

A few ounces, (or even pounds) of saved weight won't matter a whit except mathematically. These are 6000# trucks, not 1500# race cars.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956