New to the Performance Side of Rams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, I'm new to the performance side of rams so take it easy on me. I'm wanting to get a little more out of the 5.7 than what I'm getting now. I want to balance mpg and performance but I'm lifted so I'm obviously not too concerned about mpg. But I'm curious about what is best for me. As my signature says I already have the mopar cai (no big deal) but I'm wanting to do a little more. I've read a little about full cat back exhaust, long/short tube headers, cam swap, tuner, gear swap, stall converter, etc. I just don't know where to start. But I would like to stay away from the gear swap for now until I can run down the older style front axle housing. Hopefully you more experienced guys can help me a little. Thank you in advance!

Also, if mopar makes any performance parts that fit those would be nice too. I get a pretty hefty discount on anything mopar :naughty:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dantheman

Dantheman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe I should rephrase... So the basics I know are CAI (already have one), diablo trinity with hf and 87mm ported throttle body. But beyond that I'm not very knowledgable. I'm not looking to run 100+ on a track, I drive this everyday and it sees some pretty rough roads and heavy towing. So I'm looking for a little more torque and maybe slightly speed it up. I've read a little about procharger but I'd like to upgrade the transmission before I throw anything else at it on top of the heavy tires that are already on. I'm holding off on the gear swap because I have a little something in the works that'll change that (and fit 40s :superhack:).

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Contact Matt at Moe's Performance here on the site. He might be able to give you some suggestions. IMO--One thing you might think about is an Edge TQ. Also there are some other bolt on's that may help you out.
Jay

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Start with a tuner and go from there.

Ditto..., then add a custom tune and a freer flowing exhaust. All that works together with the programmer as a system. These are the best bang for the buck you can do to start.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I would go with the following upgrades in this order...

Diablo Tuner with Hemifever custom tune, Edge Tq Converter, Longtube headers, 87mm ported throttle body, and ATI underdrive pulley.

OP
OP
Dantheman

Dantheman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would go with the following upgrades in this order...

Diablo Tuner with Hemifever custom tune, Edge Tq Converter, Longtube headers, 87mm ported throttle body, and ATI underdrive pulley.

So your 11" converter and 15% ATI?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
So your 11" converter and 15% ATI?

Yes. The tq converters are all custom built for each truck based on your performance upgrades and how you use the truck, so we will go over that build with you when you are ready.