New Spark Plugs at 30,000

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shortman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Iridium Plug

What Iridium plugs are you guys recommending? When I change mine I'm just gonna go ahead and put those in so I don't have to deal with it again for a while.

shortman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Good deal, yeah I couldn't help on what Iridium plugs to use. Never used hem before but autolite makes good plugs.

mlwapw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel 6.7
I have nothing but confusion over this spark plug discussion. I changed my plugs on a 2014 5.7 at 40K. I took out NGK ILZFR5E 11 plugs that looked like they had been in over a 100K miles. I replaced them with NGK nickle plugs SPLZFR5C11 I got from a dealer. When I looked up the Iridium plugs I took out I couldn't find them listed and the closest ones I found were NGK (3657) IZFR5K-11 Laser Iridium Spark Plugs and according to Amazon they don't fit my engine. They list a Denso (5343) IKH16 Iridium Power Spark Plug as the correct plug. If what come in it was not the correct plug then why is Ram installing them at the factory? I hope someone knows what the best Iridium plug is to use because I can't find an NGK listed and I'd prefer them over Denso, I think.

jled

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bosch

I replaced mine today with 43K on the odometer (I'm second owner). There weren't any OEM or similar copper available locally (like NGK, champion, desnso etc). Bosch Iridium was only thing local I could fined and needed to be done today before we leave for family trip across country to Colorado soon.
Anyway, appreciate this forum - as always - great tips / there are some handy youtube videos too if needed by a novice.

Really tight spaces and tricky to get into the back ones - especially under brake booster - as others have mentioned.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I Love this Forum!

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I changed my 2009 hemi at 35,000 miles. The original plugs looked brand new and the gaps were correct. Decided not to change them again for at least another 70,000 miles.

I have went to this theory as well probably only 60k though. The first two times I did them right on time.

Don't you only need antiseize on plugs that are black metal? Such as autolite and acdelco basic copper types. The NGK already have coating on the threads.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Its a lefty loosy, righty tighty job. Why pay someone money for a job like that? Rebuilding a tranny, maybe. Turning a socket left and right, nope. And im rich.

I guess I like to take any vehicle to the dealer for work as I tend to drive out with something new, what it takes the techs a couple of hours what else am I supposed to do with that time, my wife cringes tehehehe Shhhhh rich me to:favorites13: Merry Christmas.

jled

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
anyone have a fix for the plug/pigtail that connects to the coil pack when the little red clip is broken off? (yes, I searched this forum for 'coil pack clip' , ignition coil clip etc before posting) The plug is on the coil pack and all seems to be running well. However I'd like some sort of fix and not try to replace the wiring nor the coil.

Imagine that tape wont work per the heat. Assume that zip ties not the answer.

Any suggestions, especially from experience, are appreciated...

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
anyone have a fix for the plug/pigtail that connects to the coil pack when the little red clip is broken off? (yes, I searched this forum for 'coil pack clip' , ignition coil clip etc before posting) The plug is on the coil pack and all seems to be running well. However I'd like some sort of fix and not try to replace the wiring nor the coil.

Imagine that tape wont work per the heat. Assume that zip ties not the answer.

Any suggestions, especially from experience, are appreciated...
Red RTV.