Nitrous, help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Custom_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First off I prefer to order all my stuff threw moes performance, when I look at his Nitrous kits I get confused cause there's so many and I don't know what the differences are. Also I'm wondering how you guys are going about getting these systems installed?

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
how are we going about it is kind of a broad statement we need more specifics of what you want to know.

tuned by Jay Greene

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
All of the kits listed will work with your truck, the questions are what do you want for accessories and how you want to plumb the nitrous/fuel into your intake system. The X Series is the bare bones system that will get you going. The single nozzle kit requires you to drill and tap your intake pipe to install the kit, available in 10lb and 15lb, and then there's the plate kit which installs a nitrous throttle body spacer and is a much cleaner and better performing installation, also available in 10lb and 15lb bottles. That's pretty much it for the kits he has available on the website.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Nitrous is very simple until you start getting into the much bigger shots. For a 150 shot or less, you can get away with the simple nitrous kit and accessory package.

I always prefer a plate kit over a nozzle because it is a more direct shot of nitrous and fuel, and it mounts much cleaner under the throttle body instead of having to drill a hole in your intake tubing to mount a nozzle.

As for the accessories, the X Series stage 2 accessory kit is what I run. It comes with your regulated bottle heater, bottle mounted nitrous gauge, purge kit, and safety blow down tube.

Only other item you would need is a set of colder plugs (Denso 3381) if you run between a 100-150 shot. A wideband air/fuel gauge is highly recommended, but not absolutely necessary. The recommended jets that come with the kit will put you in a safe AFR zone to prevent any damage. Having an air/fuel gauge and multiple extra jets to dial in the AFR is the best way to do it though.