No Diablo Support?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
I was troubleshooting my issue with them for about 20 emails then all of a sudden no response... I have emailed them 3 times now with no response still...I even called yesterday and waited 30 min with no answer.

Anyone else having trouble reaching them or have I been blacklisted? lol

My issue is that I programmed the tuner to the truck once, few months later I had to take it to the dealer so I returned it to stock, no problems there. Now the truck wont get passed the first step of reading/writing the original tune and just freezes at 5%, 10% or like 15%...

I am already on my second I2 as the first one was found to be defective after owning it for a few months and the screen dying.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did they flash you pcm when you went to the dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you check to see if there are any updates for the tuner???

OP
OP
Ram Man

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Did they flash you pcm when you went to the dealer

Yes, but the tuner was not on the pcm at the time. I returned it to stock.

Did you check to see if there are any updates for the tuner???

Yep, updated it. Calibration update. Did 2 registry resets with diablo too before they started to ignore me.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah but if they flashed the Diablo pcm it will lock like the factory one. What year is your truck

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I must say from experience there customer service is horrible. I don't even see how they are still in business. I bought mine through Moe's so they helped out. My i2 was defective from day one. I argued with them about it for about 6 months. Finally they replaced it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ram Man

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Yeah but if they flashed the Diablo pcm it will lock like the factory one. What year is your truck

I have a 13...no diablo PCM

I must say from experience there customer service is horrible. I don't even see how they are still in business. I bought mine through Moe's so they helped out. My i2 was defective from day one. I argued with them about it for about 6 months. Finally they replaced it.

I am starting to agree with you...They are owned by powerteq which also owns edge and superchips so it seems there is no good alternative.

The fact that I married it once to the truck, uninstalled it, and now its bad AGAIN??

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have a 13...no diablo PCM

I am starting to agree with you...They are owned by powerteq which also owns edge and superchips so it seems there is no good alternative.

The fact that I married it once to the truck, uninstalled it, and now its bad AGAIN??
Make sure you have nothing plugged in. Like a phone charger or i-pod. If you have a amp take the fuse out.

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the heads up. I know what I won't be buying now.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you have a battery charger, throw it on the battery while trying the tuner. I've read where a couple of people's battery was low and that was causing the problem.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OK I didn't know. I know 15 and up you have to get a Diablo pcm.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I heard a lot of people love the Diablo. And mine being a 16 I don't think I have very many options on the board for a tuner. I talked to Moe's Performance and they seem very knowledgeable and if I decide to get one it will be from Moe's.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Matt at Moe's is very knowledgeable about the Diablo, how to set it up and how to properly install it. It's nice to have his support when you have questions.
Jay

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Matt at Moe's is very knowledgeable about the Diablo, how to set it up and how to properly install it. It's nice to have his support when you have questions.
Jay
Matt at Moe's was awesome. But trying to talk to someone at Diablo is something else.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
No current problems with my i1000 (wife's 2014 Grand Cherokee) or my i2 (my truck).

After the "safety recall" flash for the shifter on the Grand Cherokee, the tuner wouldn't tune the car anymore. I had returned it to factory before taking it in, and then when trying to tune it again, it kept stating calibration update needed, even though there was none to be had on the computer.

I contacted Diablo, and within one business day they replied and fixed it. I was actually impressed, especially after hearing some nightmare stories.

I had issues with Superchips, where an issue with their canned tune was screwing up. They kept telling me it was my issue, and refused to even look at it further. Then one day another owner with the same truck (2001 Ram 1500) had the same issue, and then they finally looked at it. Then they finally admitted it was an issue with the programming, and after fixing it, advised me not to update the tuner anymore. This is why I started buying SCT or Diablo.

Last edited:

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
No current problems with my i1000 (wife's 2014 Grand Cherokee) or my i2 (my truck).

After the "safety recall" flash for the shifter on the Grand Cherokee, the tuner wouldn't tune the car anymore. I had returned it to factory before taking it in, and then when trying to tune it again, it kept stating calibration update needed, even though there was none to be had on the computer.

I contacted Diablo, and within one business day they replied and fixed it. I was actually impressed, especially after hearing some nightmare stories.

I had issues with Superchips, where an issue with their canned tune was screwing up. They kept telling me it was my issue, and refused to even look at it further. Then one day another owner with the same truck (2001 Ram 1500) had the same issue, and then they finally looked at it. Then they finally admitted it was an issue with the programming, and after fixing it, advised me not to update the tuner anymore. This is why I started buying SCT or Diablo.

I've had a nightmare dealing with both companies. But, there aren't a lot of options out there. I need a custom tune for my car to run righy, and the only option I really have is the Diablosport. So, since I'm familiar with it, that's what I bought for my truck too.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did charging the battery while trying to load the tune help?

14blackouthemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I always just hook up the charger to mine. I haven't had one problem yet. I have the i1000