No Start No turnover Nothing!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcunnin2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I drive a 2014 Ram 1500 with 77k miles.

Yesterday evening I went to get in my truck, and my key unlocked the doors. I get in my truck and attempt to turn it on. Nothing happens, and all the electrical systems seem to start going haywire - the radio was turning on and off and kind of blinking, the dash lighting was dim and then would turn on and off. I try and lock the vehicle but the locks will not work. The horn will not work... Nothing, and the bed light is dim and flickering. THERE IS A MAJOR CLICKING COMING FROM THE FUSE BOX without the key in the ignition.

I go home to get my tools and get the jeep to jump the truck. I get to my truck and take off the battery connectors (they are clean) and I put them back on and tighten them down. At this point there is no clicking, but still no power. I then attempt to jump the battery. While charging, the lights come back on in the truck and my keyless entry starts to work again... the horn works.. I get in and try and turn the truck on, ONE CLICK, and nothing. The truck wont turn on. I try for about 10 minutes and the same thing keeps happening. I take the jeep and the jumper cables off the vehicle... MY TRUCK BATTERY DIES IN 5 MINUTES. The lights start dimming and the horn goes away... the clicking is not there still, but it seems like all power just flows right out of my truck.

Now it is sitting at the YMCA until I get off work today... Any ideas at all good people? Thanks a bunch!

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Might be a bad starter vamping the battery

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Replace your battery. At 3 years old or older depending on your in service date my bet is it is toast. Many new vehicles won't run with just a boost anymore, they require a fully functional battery. Once you replace the battery use a multi-meter to check your system is charging when running.

bpa88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dead cell in the battery, get a new one

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Even if you jump it, if there is a bad cell in the battery it will leave you stranded. Get a new battery.