Oem remote start not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

PRRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie Limited
Engine

Dealer replaced both FOBS and re programmed. All is well....

Northof49

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My remote start stopped working and I found this forum thanks to Google. My problem is a bit different, at first I thought it was the FOB battery so I changed it. Not the problem. I tried the other FOB and it was acting the same. The doors lock and unlock from a distance but the remote start won't work even if I stand in front of the truck. However.... if I take the circuit board with the battery out of the FOB - the remote start will work. Could this be an antenna issue with the remote start? Sometimes the door won't unlock when I touch the handle, after trying a few times it will. That may be unrelated.

jland

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My remote start stopped working and I found this forum thanks to Google. My problem is a bit different, at first I thought it was the FOB battery so I changed it. Not the problem. I tried the other FOB and it was acting the same. The doors lock and unlock from a distance but the remote start won't work even if I stand in front of the truck. However.... if I take the circuit board with the battery out of the FOB - the remote start will work. Could this be an antenna issue with the remote start? Sometimes the door won't unlock when I touch the handle, after trying a few times it will. That may be unrelated.

I have the exact same issue as yours, but haven't find a resolution for it yet, as it only recently started acting that way. I have tried with the board out of the FOB and that did not make any differences. Both FOB are acting the same and I have a half tank of gas just to say. Doors are locking and unlocking, but the doors do not lock anymore when I press the remote start, blinkers do not blink to indicate the starting process was received.

Ricky Villareal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I’m having the same issue on my 2015 3500. I got the truck used a few months ago and then the OEM remote start just stopped working. I replaced the battery in the single key fob I got but it hasn’t helped. I am also not getting any warning or error messages on the dashboard when I try to start the truck. I have plenty of gas and all the doors are fully closed. Not sure what to try?

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The new hood latch is 40bucks on ebay...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

14 cummins3500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
New to this forum but I have a 2014 ram 3500 diesel. Just bought a few days ago and guy said remote starter worked sometimes, I could not get it to work at all. Some of these posts said change batterie, crack cover open, ect. After changing batteries still did not work. No lights flashing or horn beeping either. My son was playing with the remote and ( don’t laugh) he put a piece of dunkin doughnuts styrofoam cup inside the remote under the electronic board where the batteries go. “ you have to smoosh it down in there so cover will close” Believe it or not. He did one at a time and They both work now! Send me a post if you have any questions how he did it.

Rebelrouser

Reaction score
Ram Year
'22 Ram 1500 GT
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mines having the same problem when it's cold. When I go to start it on the dash it reads" Remote stert deactivated. Press Start Button to Start". Both remotes are doing this and it doesn't matter how close I am to the truck. Thoughts.....

Markip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought the truck used and since day 1 the remote start does not work.

:jawdrop:

Fuel level ok, all doors and hood closed etc etc
Key fob locks and unlocks doors fine.

Any suggestions before I head to the dealer??
I bought the truck used and since day 1 the remote start does not work.

:jawdrop:

Fuel level ok, all doors and hood closed etc etc
Key fob locks and unlocks doors fine.

Any suggestions before I head to the dealer??

So I have a 2017 ram and I went to get trailer brake installed and when I got my truck back remote start doesn't work now and dealer says they don't know what the issue is and now I'm frustrated. Even the remote start settings are gone from the settings under doors and locks in the 8.4 ucinnect. Any idea as to what this is as dealer is saying they don't know what's wrong.

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
So I have a 2017 ram and I went to get trailer brake installed and when I got my truck back remote start doesn't work now and dealer says they don't know what the issue is and now I'm frustrated. Even the remote start settings are gone from the settings under doors and locks in the 8.4 ucinnect. Any idea as to what this is as dealer is saying they don't know what's wrong.
I think the tech change something in the BCM he wasn't suppose to when changing settings for the trailer brake.
Easiest thing to do would be find another dealer with competent tech.
Should be able to reflash original factory settings for that VIN & start over for trailer brake settings if necessary.
AlfaOBD can change these settings also but would be time consuming if you didn't have backup of original & knowledge of how to use.

Markip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I believe so also and I said that to them but the kept saying the software is enabled. But I know it's not because it's missing settings in the uconnect. I for sure will go to a different dealer.

Markip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Went to other dealer why would I pay 160 to fix another dealers mistake? And what's stopping them from disabling things from working and you having to go back and pay to enable futures you have?

Block9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Hey everyone, I stumbled upon this forum and hoping someone can help. I’ve got a 2012 3500 and my remote start doesn’t work. Like when I press the button on my FOB it doesn’t do anything, like the battery is dead. Sometimes what works is if I unlock it with the FOB then right after hit the remote start button, but it doesn’t work every time