Oil change mess

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After changing my oil for the first time and draining the oil filter. I saw how much oil drained down on the cross member.
HOW DO YOU CLEAN THE DRIPS UP AFTER THE OIL CHANGE? They continue to drip the old oil that drained down across the cross member.:mad3:

repo4sale

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7diesel
Use a plastic freezer bag or a cut 2 liter soda bottle. Put around filter before taking it off.
Dam great idea! Soda bottle vs. flipping it on the driveway of my local Democrats POS Office[emoji12]

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I cut a milk jug up and used it. A gallon one. And left the handle so that way you have something to grip it by and maneuver it around with. Worked great. Only dripping was when some oil ran down my hand while unscrewing the filter.

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did my 4 th oil change always been successful with zip lock bag. This last time i failed major, thought all was in zip lock bag wrong all poured out all over FML

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Tapatalk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Just get some of that old oil and a paint brush and paint it all over your suspension pieces. Do it every time you change your oil, I bet you never have a rusty suspension.

powderbrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
^^I think the same thing. The rest of the undercarriage is rusted but not where the filter is.

I usually just use a rag to wipe it. Give it a nice sheen. I Spray off the rubber boots though.

Totesmygoats

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Its the dumbest design ever. Getting the filter in and out is a pain in the ass too.

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
Use a plastic freezer bag or a cut 2 liter soda bottle. Put around filter before taking it off.

I cut a milk jug up and used it. A gallon one. And left the handle so that way you have something to grip it by and maneuver it around with. Worked great. Only dripping was when some oil ran down my hand while unscrewing the filter.

^^^^^^^^this

Z-Rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use tin foil, cover the rack and pinion, cross member and such. Shape it to funnel oil into the catch pan.

Ball it up and toss when done. No mess