Oil change price difference?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Everyone has an ignore switch right? It's like using Duck Tape! Unless others care about its post & uses the quote switch.

Just don't quote & it's gone!

I know it gets used A lot on me! LoL! :favorites13:

Last edited:
OP
OP
02blkram47

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Everyone has an ignore switch right? It's like using Duck Tape! Unless others care about its post & uses the quote switch.

Just don't quote & it's gone!

I know it gets used A lot on me! LoL! :favorites13:
I agree with you completely, ignore the ignorant.. I clearly stated " for those who DONT change their own" when I asked the question. The amount of great responses from most of you have been great to hear, thank you!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

dRAMbuie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I said I'd post this a while back and keep forgetting.
Here's the invoice from my last oil change at the dealer (full synthetic).

This price is before sales taxes (13% here :bawl:.)
Still actually quite a bit cheaper than where I used to live.

Attachments

• 20170216_124230.jpg
    20170216_124230.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 47

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I couldn't tell you how much a change is anywhere except my driveway/ garage. Never like when people do it so I have always done the changes for my wife, my sister, my parents, and myself. I don't want to pay someone to do what I can do for less and I don't torque the plug to astronomical values. Always hate that when I have to do after someone else does it at a shop.

Reactions: SyN

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I like to keep people employed lol joke but I take my vehicles to the dealer that sold them. My 15 R/T runs me between 140-150 dollars for the PUP and a Mopar filter. If the oil is on sale here I could buy 7L for 40.00 plus a filter for what I don't know 20.00 so lets say 60.00. I just would not have fun laying on my back (especially in the winter) even with a nice garage, getting oil on me or the floor, finding a place to dispose of used oil and while they are doing the oil or anything else for that matter I like to shop for my next ride. I can confidently say that while having oil changed over the years I have purchased at least 5+ brand new vehicles so then there's that. I really do not mind spending 150.00 per vehicle to have the oil changed once a year. Hmmmmm new oil this spring so maybe time for a new Scat Pack Challenger yes????

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
For my Quad cab V6 my dealer is about 96$ 100 % Full synthetic and had a special 4 Full synthetic Oil Changes and 4 Tire Rotation 213$ over a 2 year period! I usually do not do plans but for 50$ a Full synthetic oil change and Tire rotation is a no brainer even for me lol

Danno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
If oil is clearance sale it would make one wonder why, out dated, doesn't meet current spec? It's $4 with a $2 mail in rebate.

If the deal seems too good to be true, then it is. Getting your oil changed for $30 equals getting a $30 job, if they say its synthetic then it's a grade lower than the cheapest walmart brand super tech. Common sense, if you can't even buy the material for the price how can they do it for less than the cost of material?

Last edited:

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is why I do not take it to a place to have an oil change, I do it myself. Between the Charger and Ram its $200 every few months to have them done, Being that both are 5.7L's I have bought a box of Filters, and buy my oil for the year at one time. Costs me about $350 total for the year, while going to get oil changes would cost me about $800-1000 a year to have a spiffy lube do it.
Plus I trust my work more than most oil change places.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dealerships used to periodically send out coupons for routine maintenance items like oil and filter changes and tire rotations. The ones we get are priced at about $24.95 or something like that. I think it's just a
"come on" but it is something you can use to save some money. Some dealerships also have a "maintenance package" you can buy when you purchase your vehicle. If you divide the cost of the package over time the oil changes are pretty cheap.
Jay

Danno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
This is why I do not take it to a place to have an oil change, I do it myself. Between the Charger and Ram its $200 every few months to have them done, Being that both are 5.7L's I have bought a box of Filters, and buy my oil for the year at one time. Costs me about $350 total for the year, while going to get oil changes would cost me about $800-1000 a year to have a spiffy lube do it.
Plus I trust my work more than most oil change places.

$95 0w40 PUP with tire rotation, grab a seat in the bay and shoot the bull with the mechanic as he does it. Its a old retired guy who just wants something to do. Maxcare lifetime is the only reason I let the dealer change it and to hear the stories, its like a barber shop with a lot of old guys sitting around.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
+ 1 for the "old guys" Thanks :naughty::naughty:
Jay