Oil Changes Pentastar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kevperro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Mine kind of looks like a bong.

2j2j0wk.jpg

It doesn't work on all vehicles. It won't fit down the dipstick tube of our full sized Chevy van. It works in the RAM & the Dodge Caravan though... both Pentastars.

OP
OP
TerraNewf

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

2j2j0wk.jpg

It doesn't work on all vehicles. It won't fit down the dipstick tube of our full sized Chevy van. It works in the RAM & the Dodge Caravan though... both Pentastars.

Thanks bud, very helpful info here

htwo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I'm changing my oil every 10,000 kms and the filter seems to be pretty hard and non-pliable. Since it's easy to change I was wondering if is advisable to change the filter half way through at 5,000 kms. Using synthetic oil since new. Thanks in advance for any advice.

I know it's not the application you're after, but I have a 3.6 in my 2012 200 sedan and I run Amsoil full synthetic with a WIX filter once a year and I'll put on 12-15K kms. Changing the filter between a 10K km oil change is unnecessary. I don't add any oil throughout the year either. As much as the 3.6 has another 1200lbs or so of vehicle to pull around in the Ram, you could easily go 15K kms on full synthetic. I have yet to do an oil analysis but I'm thinking of getting it done when the oil is due to be changed this July long weekend. I checked the level last weekend and there's still a nice brown hue to the oil after 10,890kms since the last change July 5, 2015.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

2j2j0wk.jpg

Don't get pulled over with that in the truck!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

kevperro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Don't get pulled over with that in the truck!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I live in Washington. We can go down the corner store and buy a bag of weed. You only get arrested here if you vote Republican.

OP
OP
TerraNewf

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I live in Washington. We can go down the corner store and buy a bag of weed. You only get arrested here if you vote Republican.

I think I'll move to Washington or at least visit some time,,,,,,:happy107::party36: