one piece driveshaft anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ronheater70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone converted to a one piece driveshaft and been happy with it? IM not sure its even an option for me, I have the 2500 crew cab with an 8ft bed, but dang I hate that shudder at take off that I associate with the carrier bearing angle etc.. I'm dropping it off to have the rear end checked out because it has a noticeable whine in it, and I have also scheduled for them to look at the drive line shudder as well, but I'm not expecting anything. It's been there since new and now has 5,700 miles on it. I don't tow anything heavy, way under the towing limits so I think it would hold up fine if its available?

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If there is such a thing I see 2 issues.

1) the length at speed would likely wobble like there is not tomorrow. It wouldnt take much for that to become a harmonic nightmare that would likely shake the truck and surrounding cities apart.

2) the pinion angles and weight of this monster would likely wear out the bearing and pinion seals constantly.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yeah, if there was a way to get a 1 piece prop in there it would be in there from the factory.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am3334