Open differentials

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Good news I think.
The general manager is going to sell the truck that was ordered and sell me a very similar white tradesman 2500 with LSD4WD . Additionally it will have 5th wheel prep , led bed lights , back up camera and heavy duty service group.
This truck is one of 6 that is coming in the next 2 weeks. They are all identical. The buyer for the dealership was helping and explained that he NEVER ordered heavy duty trucks without LSD.
The hapless salesman must have assumed that Dodge/Rams were all made without open rear ends?!�� Buyer beware! 3.73 is only gear he orders for 6.4 Hemi trucks.

Good to hear it is working out for you that way. I would be happy with that result. Plus those other options are pretty darn good.

OzarksRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Be glad you got it worked out. I screwed up. When I bought mine they had a bunch of higher trim levels and they all had the "anti-Spin" rear-end. Then I saw this Tradesman that had a few of the options I wanted but was much cheaper. Didn't notice the "anti-spin" was missing. Also thought I would be fine with a 3.73 and I have kicked myself everyday since I have bought it. That's the only two things I would like to change about my truck and those two upgrades cost a fortune in the aftermarket. I don't know anyone in my area that could re-gear my truck besides the dealer. I asked the dealer if they could just add the anti-spin and they said "sure it'll run around $2,000". screw that.