Opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2017cummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just special ordered a new 2017 3500, cummins, regular cab, 4x4, DRW with a manual transmission and 3:73 gears. Haven't even driven a new 6.7 yet. (Didn't even test drive one they had sitting on the lot) I just wanted the cummins and so I ordered one. What's anybody's opinion on the motor over all when it comes to power, fuel mileage etc... anything you feel that is worth noting would be appreciated. Also, if anyone has the G56 manual, what are your opinions on them as well.
Thank you

JRG18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
My only gripe with that setup is that the engines are derated from 800 lb-ft to 660 lb-ft just because they are fit with a manual transmission. If that weren't the case I would have got the manual.

The motor has the reputation it has because they are reliable and will run forever. The newer ones are very efficient compared to early 4th gen and previous years. I still feel pretty spoiled with this truck compared to my other ones. Good luck with the truck!

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Do you tow?

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
Oh boy...here we go. Hes gonna talk smack about something wrong with your purchase or how you should've gotten the automatic trans... don't second guess yourself. Be happy with your choice. Congratulations on your new diesel :)

sent from galaxy S7 edge using tapatalk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Two clowns eating retard sandwiches again right there, have zero clue. My brother in law tore up 3 auto tranny's, then went over to a manual, and never looked back. if you tow, the way to go is manual, I drove a Ram Cummins and a rig Cummins. Since two hacks had to go all hackorific, I will gladly exit the thread. wtf is ram forum coming to?

Last edited:

BBRAM2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well i drove the manual and i got an auto 6.7 is a good engine the auto works fine the manual works great too i think you cant go wrong i get amazing milage in my opion and have more than enough get up and go now the one thing i still struggle with is a delay on a fast WOT but ive learned to drive around it i love my cummins and would never look back you got a great purchase.

OP
OP
2017cummins

2017cummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I chose the manual transmission because I tow a lot. And as far as oil goes, I prefer rotella.

tcazes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
There is other options other than Rotella for a diesel? Never heard of em lol

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Rotella and Delvac are the two most popular, t6 is the synthetic version of rotella, probably the most popular oil for diesels.

BBRAM2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I do agree i only run rotella but i run rotella in everything my cars and bikes and as i stated in another thread when i use to work as a heavy duty mechanic in the oul patch i was told rotella was the only oil that met cats standards in anything they rebuild and was the only oil they woyld accept if a warranty claim was made now this is what finning told me dunno if its true but it is a good performing oil and can be got at at a fair price i used it for years in my gsxr and never had issues and used it in my audi a4 types never an issue

Last edited: