PCM update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jag1886

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 5.7 S&B CAI, flowmaster merge collector, Gibson cat back, oil catch can, 87
Can anyone explain how exactly you upgrade the PCM on a 2014 Ram. I tried installing my Diablo tuner and it says my truck may need the PCM updated and it won't load.
I tried the place I bought it from and got no reply and the custom tuning people did at least get me a phone # to Diablo but Diablo wants you to sit on hold for 30 minutes to talk to someone.
I have looked at there sight but see nothing about the upgrade for the PCM which everyone says they have.
I have to do this at work as I don't have a PC at home and can't sit on the phone and the computer for for a couple of hours.

Dbush36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think you go back and plug the tuner in to the computer and update it then go back to the truck and it updates it for you . someone correct me if im wrong

That's exactly correct! When you plug into truck and it says u need pcm update take the tuner back to your computer and plug it in using the usb. You should get a pop up asking if you want to run the updated and click ok. The pcb update will download automatically then the tuner will reboot. After that in mum plug and plug back in to truck. It will update Pcm and start tuning!! Whole process after you take it off computer and plug into truck for me was about 35 min.

Rupert

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 big horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hold on ..IF you have a custom tune, (not sure from your post), you will need an updated CMR tune. Depending on your mods you probably can drive with a canned tune.
If you have yet to tune your truck then the above guidance will work.

What tuner do you have? that makes some difference in how it interfaces with the Computer.

The It2 pretty much does everything atomatically.
hemifevers E-mail guidance is awsome.

Be prepared, it can take a loooong time to do all this, if yur doing it on your lunch: you might want to consider doing the CALID updae one day and the tuning the next.
Also you might want to tune your truck early in the week, Just in case you have issues....Fri afternoon is a bad time to have problems

GL, hope this helps

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Jeff, I can't find any voicemails from you, but I sent you a reply message within minutes last night when you emailed us. All you have to do is plug it into your home computer and run another update on the tuner. This is explained in the instructions Hemifever sent you when you first bought your tuner. If you are having a hard time figuring out how to do this, then just ship it back to us, and I will update it for you.

Thank you.

Rupert

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 big horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Jeff, I can't find any voicemails from you, but I sent you a reply message within minutes last night when you emailed us. All you have to do is plug it into your home computer and run another update on the tuner. This is explained in the instructions Hemifever sent you when you first bought your tuner. If you are having a hard time figuring out how to do this, then just ship it back to us, and I will update it for you.

Thank you.

Now thats SERVICE!

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
FWIW, on occasion I've had to update my InTune a couple of times in a row, almost like the updates didn't fully download, oh ya, and I always seem to have to "run as administrator" to get it to wrk, but that's probably just my laptop.

RJP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm sure Matt and Sean will take care of you. I had some issues and they made sure I got everything taken care of. Some of the best service I've seen!

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I can say that Matt and Sean are very helpful. They were able to point me in the right direction when I had issues. You'll love the Hemifever tunes. One tire fire all day for me.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
jag1886

jag1886

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 5.7 S&B CAI, flowmaster merge collector, Gibson cat back, oil catch can, 87
I sent my tuner back to Matt to have him do the upgrade. I couldn't get it to work on my work computer. Thanks much and I hope this works.

Ramrt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Jeff, I just did mine. I downloaded the manual from Diablos website, along with installing custom tunes and saving the original back up for my new tune. Your not alone bro, it can be a pain at times.

OP
OP
jag1886

jag1886

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got this all taken care of Matt helped me by updating my tuner and then the guy at Hemifever did the same for me as far as the custom tune. Thanks for the extra effort I appreciate it.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Tuning a 2016 is still easy, its just a little more expensive. Swapping the PCM out doesnt even take 5 minutes.