PCM update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Question for 15+ owners that have a tuner with unlocked PCM. Does Diablo update the PCM to the latest software release when you flash the PCM?

OP
OP
bassheadhemi

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I guess I'm not alone not knowing...

What about when they flash the factory PCM and TCM at the same time, will there be any problem between the PCM and TCM if you put back the unlocked PCM that run an earlier release?

EJR_3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Now that they are doing the PCM swap program, this is a great question. I've asked around too and havent found much. I read some where that if the dealer flash your unlocked PCM, the flash will lock it. Some do the extra PCM and load the stock one back for dealer visits. But it wouldn't help much if you just toss it out soon you get home. I'm just going to wait until my warranty is up.

thisgr8ride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
When I talked to Matt at Moes Performance a few weeks ago when i was deciding on a tuner ( have not bought yet) , He said you put the stock one back in when going to the dealer, if the update that"s all fine and good.

Then diablo often updates there software when there is these types of updates to their tuner software. So when you do a update on the tuner and unlocked PCM and you should have the latest that the dealer originally installed on your stock PCM.

Hope that is right and makes sense.

KCaudill

The RAM
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And what do you do when dealer finds that the mileage on the ECU and cluster dont match?