PCV valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FishermanG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi so sorry if this isn't in the right place. I am having an interesting time with my truck after it was borrowed so I was wondering what would a clogged pcv valve do to my engine? When I connect the hose to the valve it loses power and dies. Any help would be appreciated.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If I even suspected a faulty pcv valve I would just change it. I change them too often to have ever have one clog, so I am unsure of the symptoms.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
If it is clogged the pressure of the engine blows through seals, no other option but to. Just change it.

Like the name says, positive crankcase ventilation, if you don't vent the pressure, the weakest part of the engine IE gaskets, will vent it. Thank god for gaskets too, if you didn't have those the engine would like explode. I always wondered why engines don't have 2 pcv's, it serves a very important function.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
+1 Exactly, good advise for the young one learning the right way, with his hands.